Will the Watchtower crumble one day?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What would it take for the watchtower org. to crumble and fall apart? Do you think it has already started?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope the society drops it's cruel control techniques, allowing members to come and go freely. With enough lawsuits, that kind of change might be possible. By removing such chains from the R & F, I think the organization could mellow in to a relatively harmless organization. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/47398/670607/post.ashx#670607

There is the example of the World Wide Church of God, which mellowed with the passing of it's charismatic leader in to a mainstream religion. There was a price to pay. The WWCG is a fraction of it's original size. The trick with the WTS, is that it's faults cannot be attributed to a single individual, but a COMMITTEE. Perhaps once all the anointed have moved on to their heavenly reward, the earthly organization can be dealth with.

• blondie
    blondie

I read somewhere on this board that the WTS in some form will always remain. The Nazis were taken down as a country, but there are still Nazis. The USSR as a communist force is gone, but not communism and communists.

Blondie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Will it crumble? I sure hope so. Sooner than later.

Wake up everybody!!

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Where's Joshua when you need him?

• rocketman
    rocketman

I doubt it, though if enough time passes without their predictions being fulfilled....on the other hand, a lot of time has already passed.

• free will
    free will

i hope i see it in my lifetime!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Anything is possible.

With the internet and ability to share information so rapidly these days, one never knows.

I (we) can only HOPE .

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Watchtower is a hierarchial structure. If it falls completely there will be no real witnesses left. What will remain will be isolated pockets, much like the Bible Student groups, but that will be the end of Jehovah's Witnesses as a juggernaut cult.

• nowisee
    nowisee

it's only a matter of time. one way or another. they will fall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit