missed birthday...

by zanex 11 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

So like my bday was the other day..april 12th. Iam now 28...not that it means much or anything...I got an email from my elder dad telling me that he had traded in his honda for a harley and that him and mom were doing ok and that they still hoped that I would come back to the meetings. Hmph...birthdays. Got a card from my daughter which meant the most to me. I hate the fact that I have to TRY and convince myself that my birthday is something special. I relfexively think, "ehhh its just another day". It went ok tho. Anyway..didnt really have much to say...

it was my birthday the other day

I felt no different than before

the sun shined and the birds chirped

yet nothing changed in my emotional store

I didnt feel any more special

I didnt want any gifts

I just wanted to be accepted

no more emotional rifts

I got a cake..

it was visually gifted

it had candles, my name and flowers

I felt no better not at all lifted

I struggle to feel the inner glee

the feeling of "wow!"

it didnt come to me

not then and not now

I got a card from my daughter

smeared in her two year old hand

it was colorful, erratic and loving

it made me feel it was grand.

my birthday is over now

life has returned to its normal pace

no longer a special day

just another foot in life's race...

-z-

• shera
    shera

Well,it sounded like it wasn't too bad.It is just another day but to me its a good excuse to have fun.

OH,and wanted to ad,happy belated b-day and many more to come.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Happy belated Birthday! I am writing it down on my calendar.

X

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Oh sorry mate, if I had known you would of had a card.........or certainly your own thread !

Happy belated Birthday mate, and heres hoping next year is completely different !

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Oh sorry mate, if I had known you would of had a card.........or certainly your own thread !

Happy belated Birthday mate, and heres hoping next year is completely different !

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

• zanex
    zanex

thanx y'all..I just havent been very birthday ish lately...holidays are rough for me still...I think I just really wanted to have my parents say the words and I know that can never happen. Thanxz everybody though!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

*hugs Zanex*

I know how ya feel...well at least I think I do, sometimes we just want the affection of our friends and family and on special days and holidays it can seem especially empty...

I've always enjoyed your posts and your poems Zanex...I agree, if I would have known it was your birthday you would have at least gotten an e-card from me...cuz I don't have your address, and I don't wanna seem stalkerish...besides, you'd be like "who the hell is this??"

But happy late birthday anyway...maybe someday, even next year, your parents will wise up...one can always have hope...

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((((((((((((zanex)))))))))))))))))))

Happy b'day, dude. Do you want to have lunch one day this week or next? My treat, a bday kind of thing.

Lisa

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Happy Birthday, zanex dear,

Hope you have a happy year!

With treats and stuff to make YOU feel good

Because you're special, so you should

Remind yourself occasionally

Be good to YOU, with love from ME!

Nina

Share this

Google+