Do You Think If There Are More Partakers, The Society Will Get" New Lite?"

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if they'll just berate everyone that continues to partake or if they'll shift their opinion again?

• JH
    JH

If there are more partakers, there will be less wine left for the elders at the end of the evening.

• blondie
    blondie

It's too early for any new light. Wait until there is an increase of 1,000.

Blondie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nah, they'll just fudge the numbers.

The local brothers will be told to "use discernment"(tm) and allow them to decide whether or not to count local partakers. Is the partaker ambitious? On antidepressants? Under the influence of another annointed person? Fed up with earthly life? LOL More asinine crap for the elders to deal with. I can envision a local body meeting together a week before the memorial to anticipate who may partake, and discussing who should be counted.

It's funny how the "YOU AREN'T ANNOINTED YOU ONLY THINK YOU ARE" articles get stronger every year.

I always just loved going out in service offering magazines that contained back-to-back 3 page articles dealing with this esoteric nonsense. NOT!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

they'll make drinking the wine and eatign the crackers by nonannointed people, even if they are just mistaken, into an unforgiveable sin against the holy spirit. that will end it.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

How funny it would be if they have double the partakers on last year ! they wouldnt kno what to do with themselves !

• rocketman
    rocketman

Like Dantheman, I think they'll mostly leave it alone and simply keep the strongly-worded articles coming. I doubt they'll change anything, and just mention form time-to-time that there are some partaking who evidently should not.

• minimus
    minimus

I can see the elders being told by the Society to monitor those that might be partaking and then not count any that they might feel are unqualified. Remember, the "holy ones" are no longer a big deal. It's like this now: #1 It's the Governing Body, then #2 It's the Society and finally, it's the elders. These make up who we are supposed to look to direction for. So don't be surprised if the elders just didn't count a partaker. Then suddenly, the numbers problem is no longer an issue.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

There won't be more partakers this year. The count this year, in fact, will drop. Perhaps significantly. The WT study article on the subject (and likely "special" instructions to the attendants) will have its intended effect.

With WT "prophecy" not fulfilling on its own, organization leadership has apparently decided to dictate its fulfillment.

AMNESIAN

• minimus
    minimus

Every year the same info comes out in the WT. to not partake.....I think they will get new lite and figure out that the 144,000 number is not literal.Remember they said in the 30's that it dawned on them that not everyone was going to heaven? Then suddenly new lite came out and presto: a new teaching of other sheep being earth's inhabitants in the paradise. Wow! It all made sense to them, or so they tried to convince themeslves!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit