Canadian Mike Weir Wins Major Golf Tournament

by Guest 77 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

To all you Canadians, Mike Weir brings home a major golf tournament, THE MASTERS!

Guest 77

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yes, I just heard on the radio.

The pride of Bright's Grove, Ontario. That's near the border city of Sarnia, Ontario. Across the river from Port Huron, Michigan, USA.

Good on'm...he's worked long and hard for it.

• dottie
    dottie

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

*cracks open a Molson Canadian in honour of this fine Canadian moment*

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Mike Weir may not have won the 'playoff' in style, but he sure displayed his golfing skills during the closing holes of the tournament. A win is a win no matter how its accomplished. I wonder if Canada will make a holiday in his honor?

Guest 77

• ISP
    ISP

Yep the first lefty in a long time.

ISP

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes congratulations to Mike Weir. He was the first left-hander to win a MAJOR PGA tournament since 1963. He did what left-hander Phil Mickelson SHOULD have done years ago, and that is actually compete and not settle for second-place in a major tourney.

Mike Weir is a worthy champion. I had given up on him after he shot a 3-over-par 75 on in Saturday's third round. I thought for sure Tiger Woods would close the gap and charge for the lead. Shows what I know!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

That's golf Gopher. As Yogi would say, 'Its not over till its over".

Guest 77

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Congrats to Mike Weir........a stirring testimony how superb execution and gritty determination gets the "Green Jacket" for a demure 155lb. lefty.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Sunday was an incredible day of golf!

It was exciting to watch all afternoon. When some of those shots went bad; they went really bad.

It is great that Weir won.

I saw Mattiace on Sports Center this morning. The poor guy was crying. I felt so bad for him....he played so well up until the playoff hole.

• Valis
    Valis

eh crap! And I shot a freakin 118 yesterday... Too bad I wasn't bowling..*LOL* I guess now I will have to invade Canada after all..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Tee'd Off" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit