Are You A Lover Of Pleasure Rather Than A Lover Of God?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

who here has broken through the veil of maya though?

Pleasuredome,

Good question. I keep trying to.........

Robyn

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Such a nice way of putting it, Goofy. You paint a lovely word picture that expresses my thoughts too.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay, since I am not a believer in any type of god I will opt for lover of pleasure. I would love to have a pleasure god though.:) ~Aztec

• minimus
    minimus

Aztec, Artemis and Eros can be your gods.

• rem
    rem
    Are You A Lover Of Pleasure Rather Than A Lover Of God?

Yes. I am also a lover of pleasure rather than a lover of the Easter Bunny. Depending on how hot she is, though, loving the Tooth Fairy might bring me much pleasure.

rem

• Robdar
    Robdar

Minimus,

My thoughts exactly. I was looking up an Eros site for Aztec and found this one with a nice picture:

http://zagreus.com/deities.htm

• Maverick
    Maverick

The J-dud masters set up that question in a way that makes the supposition that if you are one you can't be the other. As Blondie mentioned you can be both. Just remember the source. Maverick

• minimus
    minimus

But isn't LOVING pleasure a sin? Think about it. It would seem to go against every rule in the book. True Christians are supposed to struggle against even the "temporary enjoyment of sin".

• blondie
    blondie

minimus, are you saying then that

all pleasure = sin

???????

Blondie

or is the point loving pleasure more than loving God?

are you suggesting that if something is pleasurable, it must be wrong in God's eyes?

• Robdar
    Robdar

But isn't LOVING pleasure a sin? Think about it. It would seem to go against every rule in the book. True Christians are supposed to struggle against even the "temporary enjoyment of sin". Minimus, There are just 2 laws. From those 2 all others emanate. There is no law against pleasure. No church wants you to understand Christian freedom because then you wouldn't be there on Sunday to help fill the collection plate. And they wouldn't be able to tell you what to do. Love, Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit