Help with a punchline please

by usualusername1 11 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

I have a joke in my comedy routine about never wrapping a gift in my life. It goes like this....

Yesterday my girlfriend said "honey, when you go out shopping can you buy me sellotape?"

I said. What? Sellotape. Sellotape. Hows that work?

She says. It's round, sticky and has a whole in it.

What would you write as a punchline?

Thx

Paul

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"I think i've dated her".

or

"That reminds me your mothers coming round soon".

or

"Phoar! Just how i like 'em"

• btlc
    btlc

"I thought you already have one"

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Um, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems to be a theme that you come here asking people to write your jokes for you. I mean, the punchline IS the joke. As a "comedian" shouldn't that kind of be your job? Maybe I'm missing something here, but having us source things or whatever makes us the ones finding the comedy while you are the comedian.

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

Dubstepped I don't recall asking people to write my punchlines. If I have can you send me the link.

My actual punchline is

So I brought home a fat prostitute....

• waton
    waton

If your girlfriend likes a fat lady as a sex present, you got problems, uun.

• Listener
    Listener

I wouldn't normally use a fat prostitute to wrap a present but since she's probably pregnant she could use the extra money.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The best comedy is unpredictable, if we can write/guess the sentiments of the punchline, so can the audience before you say it.

An an ex jw I hadn't developed the skills of choosing or wrapping a good Christmas gift. I made the schoolboy error of buying my niece a puppy JUST FOR Christmas..... well Christmas Eve, that wrapping was just a little too tight.

ta da! Lol 😆

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    usualusername1 - Dubstepped I don't recall asking people to write my punchlines. If I have can you send me the link.
    My actual punchline is
    So I brought home a fat prostitute...

You literally said in this very thread that you needed help with a punchline and the question "what would you write as a punchline" appears in your post. You also failed to provide your own at the time. There's your link. Look above. Gee, where could I possibly have got that impression.

Look, I don't honestly care that much, it just seemed to me that in order to deliver your comedy well it needed to come from you and fit your humor. Again, on your original post you ask for our help as if you can't come up with your own punchline. It's your own words.

Good luck with the routine, I hope you put something together to be proud of.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A disgusting and demeaning "joke" on many levels....

If that is your style of "comedy", you will quickly alienate much of your audience....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit