g2003 5/8 "Does Christian Unity Require Uniformity?"

by GermanXJW 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

You are right Francois. Christianity unity does not requiere uniformity in their beliefs and practices. Our Baptist church sometimes has get togethers with other churches from other religions such as Pentecostal, Presbyteran, Lutherans, and others. Be it for praying, singing, bible, or just having a good time together, we all are pretty united. We have some different beliefs and doctrines, but we all work for the same "Boss" don't we?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    other churches from other religions such as Pentecostal, Presbyteran, Lutherans, and others

This should read "other churches from other denominations such as...etc" Sorry to be pedantic but these semantics are important for helping dubs get over their "God's organisation" mindset. Whenever folks talk of other religions, it plays into the hands of the WTS. It needs to be repeated over and over again that all, such as ClassAvenger describes, are not of "other religions", for all are Christian.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Lol, sorry. I'll be more careful with my posts next time. Thanks for the correction.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks. Sorry for the "heavy" sounded approach. It was late at night!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Sure, you can chose between any kind of breakfast cereal to eat,

Except Lucky Charms. They're demonic.

• undercover
    undercover
    Except Lucky Charms. They're demonic.

That got me to thinking. The article itself seems to be balanced and fair. To the outsider it looks good. But to those of us who have been inside and know the pressures of uniformity and conformity we know that this is all PR.

I remember not being allowed to eat Lucky Charms. Where did my mom get this notion? Not from reading the Bible, but from the WTS. Either through a talk, other witnesses talking how some CO or Bethelite won't eat em, so we shouldn't either or maybe some twist on a WT article. What happened was, all good sense went out the window and pressure to comform and being "acceptable" to God through the conscience of someone else took it's place. This article mentions recreation. What if I want to go see an R-rated movie? Any repurcussions? Not according to this article. But go to the hall on Sunday and tell some of the friends that you saw "House of 1000 Corpses" last night and see what happens.

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Lol, this has got nothing to do with the topic, but I've got a JW friend whose mom took him out of extracurricular activities because she said he was dedicating more time to that than to God. Lol, we got a good laugh at that one. Is that being too religious or what?

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Lol, this has got nothing to do with the topic, but I've got a JW friend whose mom took him out of extracurricular activities because she said he was dedicating more time to that than to God. Lol, we got a good laugh at that one. Is that being too religious or what?

I'm surprised he was permitted extracurricular activities to begin with...and while it's hilarious in one sense, it's simply not funny for the child....I feel sorry for him. Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit