circuit assembly talk insults fat people

by Ray6 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray6
    Ray6

I haven't been to my circuit assembly yet, but I was told that one of the talks speaks about the horrible sin of being overweight, how Jehovah hates fat and how we can not make it in the new world if we are FAT. Is there anyone who knows about this?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Maybe they will make it a DFing offense. Just think, 3/4 of the R & F would be gone!

They can set up body fat measurement stations at the KH. Everyweek, you must show a diminishment or you are counseled.

Think about all the people who gave up smoking when they came out with it being *detestable*.....might work with the dubs on obesity.

• blondie
    blondie

Ray6, the circuit assembly I attended was revolting about different topics. This must be the CO or DO pet peeve in your area. They would be insulting 50% of the circuit. Do you know what scriptures were used? I remember these scriptures:

Proverbs 28:25 ***

25 He that is arrogant in soul stirs up contention, but he that is relying upon Jehovah will be made fat.

Psalm 92:13-14 ***

13 Those who are planted in the house of Jehovah,
    In the courtyards of our God, they will blossom forth.

They will still keep on thriving during gray-headedness,
    Fat and fresh they will continue to be,

Proverbs 11:25 ***

25 The generous soul will itself be made fat, and the one freely watering [others] will himself also be freely watered.

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

Let's see..... you're not allowed to be overweight..... you aren't supposed to go to a gym (especially not the "Y") and risk bad association or "thinking more of yourself than you ought to think".... if you go on a diet, you won't be able to go on coffee breaks during field service..... you're supposed to spend 5 hours/week sitting on hard chairs at meetings..... at least as much time is supposed to be devoted to personal study and meeting preparation.... if you participate in some kind of physical activity, you're taking time away from the preaching work....

are they going to start installing human-sized hamster-type exercise wheels to jog on at the meetings??

Love, Scully

• heathen
    heathen

Well ,I remember the part where jesus said do not let yourself be weighed down with over eating and drinking . something like that . As far as overseers are concerned it says something like they are to be tested as to fitness.I guess so they can run away from angry householders .

• Scully
    Scully
    are they going to start installing human-sized hamster-type exercise wheels to jog on at the meetings??

On second thought, they probably wouldn't do that. Some people might figure out the irony in it, and realize it's a metaphor for their Always-Running-But-Never-Getting-Anywhere life as JWs.

Love, Scully

• nowisee
    nowisee

further to blondie, see ezekiel 34:20.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Behtelites as a reule are quie trim, but many, if not most of thre traveling overseers (and their wives) that I've run acrss would be well advised to learn how to enjoy salads once in a while!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are a whole lot of fat dubs out there.. 3/4 of them are overweight to morbidly obese..I know one lady in there,an extremly heavy woman,shes always been that way.She`s also one of the nicest people you`ll ever meet,it would be a shame for them to insult her...OUTLAW

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Poor dubs, eating was one of the few enjoyments left in life for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit