- Good evening. I have a question about where to send my disassociation letter. Do I give a copy to the overseer of the cong I was in and the branch? If I do send it to the branch, do I address it to any particular dept. or just send to the Brooklyn address? I appreciate any help you send. Thanks!!
Nah, just send it to your congregation body of elders. That's what I was instructed to do when I sent mine a few months ago. If you want you could send a copy to particular elders, i.e. the COBE. No need to send anything to the branch.
By the way, congrats on the decision. You're one step away from total freedom from that organization. It was very freeing for us.
I wish I would have walked away years earlier instead of prolonging the inevitable.
- Thanks @dubstepped! Yeah, Im ready to cut all ties and walk away.
Congratulations on breaking free from this cult.
I have a different view on letters..... but it sounds like you got some good advice here.
- You could take a page from Martin Luther's book and nail it to the door of the Kingdom Hall, although you may get a bill for a new door.
Don't send it.
They want you to send it so that they can announce your apostasy from the platform and protect their remaining cult members from you by making sure they don't talk to you.
Don't play the game by their rules. Their rules are designed so that they win, and you lose.
- Just walk away. Ignore them
- yeah--why write any such letter-?-why make it easy for them?. just turn your back on them--walk away--and enjoy life.
- Beautiful mind, I know that even tho you don't have family in the cult, this is a huge step for you. Whatever you decide to do, based on the advice here, I'm very happy for you that you are ready to fully move on! Congratulations baby!!!!