Prince's NWT Bible on the auction block

by OrphanCrow 7 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

https://www.tmz.com/2018/07/11/prince-auction-bible-suit-purple-rain/

What's cooler than your copy of "Purple Rain" on vinyl? Try owning one of Prince's personal copies on vinyl!!
    Some 27 items previously owned by Prince are hitting the auction block -- thanks to The Purple One's old bodyguard -- and the memorabilia is expected to fetch several thousand bucks. For instance, the starting bid for the record alone is $1,500.
    One of Prince's Jehovah's Witness Bibles is also in the lot, and is expected to fetch $7k. But the crown jewel of the collection has to be Prince's navy silk suit ... which has a starting bid of $10k!
    The auction also includes some of his wedged shoes, cuff links, an ear cuff, a pair of sunglasses and a bunch of Prince's old backstage passes.
    Heritage Auctions is behind the online auction ... and bids close July 21.

A closer look at the famed bibble:

Get yer bids in!

*pssst....I know where you can get a "free" copy of the NWT - the only thing it will cost you is your entire circle of family and friends. And a "small" contribution to the org. And maybe your life if you happen to bleed too much

• Londo111
    Londo111

He didn't have the Silver Sword?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

What is with the strange name printed at the bottom?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It is probably the silver sword, just in one of those personalized zipper covers with his name or something engraved. Whatever it says, for some reason they blocked it out. Looking closely though, it doesn't appear to say "Prince Nelson", so if it isn't his name I don't know what it says.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I would not pay a dime for it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    What is with the strange name printed at the bottom?

May be the name of whosoever gave it him...perhaps a close friend.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their wont be any shortages of J.W.`s that will be bidding for that Bible owned by Prince himself.

Mark my words.

Such is the Cult of celebrity`s among Jehovah`s Witnesses

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wonder if old Marc Sanderson will bid so he can put it in the shiny new Warwick Bible exhibit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit