Beware of divulging any personal info on this site!

by Crazyguy2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Answering any email will give away your location.

That is unless you use a VPN to sign up.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

How many concrete cases can we document of Witnesses of whatever rank spying on us here, whether on their own or because someone (probably) tells them to? That isn't a challenge, I don't doubt high-ranking Bethelites peek in here from time to time on the orders of the powers that be. We got concrete proof they monitor at least one site like this when someone leaked that Branch letter from Australia, i think O'Toole wrote it could be wrong, which said something like 'we might as well show the ARC this Letter to the Body of Elders because it's gonna appear online soon.' Atlantis and a few others post letters here, so while we can't prove they meant us the author might mean us.. It's suggestive at least.

Concrete cases:

1. I don't know if you commented yet pale.emperor but he disassociated himself after someone snooped on his computer, accessed his history, found he posted here, and turned him in to the Elders. They 'invited him' to a judicial committee but he got out before they could disfellowship him.

Feel free to add on. Certainly the new poster asking for emails sound, as Simon said, fishy as he'll (whether they're a scammer or a spy though, we can't say).

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, John, my situatoin was also just like that you described above for Pale.emperor....

• Half banana
    Half banana

Of course don't divulge personal information to someone you do not trust but I just wonder if we are crediting the Org with more interest in the likes of us than is deserved. Does it really have staff dedicated to fishing for apostates. Where's the benefit for them?

They know there are myriads of ex witnesses, what can they possibly do to counter them apart from routinely demonising apostates in their propaganda? They are never going to be able to stop anti JW information. Monitoring us would cost money and they haven't got enough to go around.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

I think there are plenty of self righteous do gooders who happily spy on here for free. I doubt its sanctioned by the higher ups, just something that's done if an overzealous elder or member gets suspicious. Like someone previously said, it's more someone making their fb page public, posting apostate messages, and exposing their email, which can lead to linking them to this website. Mostly becoming an evidence chain for a JC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit