Can someone explain today's text

by poopie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

I'm confused.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

who reads the daily text from here. I sure don't --haven't read a daily text in 15 years

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's the whole idea !

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If you're confused I am sure it's done its job

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm confused.

You certainly are if you're expecting any of us to explain today's text to you or anyone for that matter.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Quote you didn`t post,is Self Explanatory..
    Image result for Blank quote

• blondie
    blondie

Thursday, February 2

Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer.—Rom. 12:12.

Suppose a beloved relative is disfellowshipped. From your study of the Bible, you know how disfellowshipped ones are to be treated. (1 Cor. 5:11; 2 John 10) Yet, upholding the disfellowshipping decision may at times seem very difficult, even impossible. Can you trust that your heavenly Father will give you the fortitude you need to be resolute in abiding by the Bible’s direction about disfellowshipping? Do you see here an opportunity for you to make your relationship with Jehovah stronger by forming a closer bond with him? Does this suggest that we should not have strong love for our relatives? Of course not! But our strongest love should be for Jehovah. (Matt. 22:37, 38) This is actually in the best interests of our relatives, whether they are presently serving Jehovah or not. And if you are particularly troubled over the course of a disfellowshipped relative, pour out your heart to Jehovah in prayer.—Phil. 4:6, 7. w15 4/15 4:14, 16

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Poopie, as Jeff said, today's text served its purpose of confusing those who try to make sense of the comment. They did a fine job of twisting a nice positive verse.

Romans 12:12 starts off with the words "Rejoice in the hope." But of course they drop these words, and publish the following:

Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer.—Rom. 12:12.

Suppose a beloved relative is disfellowshipped. From your study of the Bible, you know how disfellowshipped ones are to be treated. (1 Cor. 5:11; 2 John 10) Yet, upholding the disfellowshipping decision may at times seem very difficult, even impossible. Can you trust that your heavenly Father will give you the fortitude you need to be resolute in abiding by the Bible’s direction about disfellowshipping? Do you see here an opportunity for you to make your relationship with Jehovah stronger by forming a closer bond with him? Does this suggest that we should not have strong love for our relatives? Of course not! But our strongest love should be for Jehovah. (Matt. 22:37, 38) This is actually in the best interests of our relatives, whether they are presently serving Jehovah or not. And if you are particularly troubled over the course of a disfellowshipped relative, pour out your heart to Jehovah in prayer.

So the point they are trying to make is that you should wallow in your victimhood, since your disfellowshipped family member is bringing you such hardship. You need the shun them and be as cruel as you can about it. Then pray that God forgives you for it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

if you are particularly troubled over the course of a disfellowshipped relative, pour out your heart to Jehovah in prayer.....WatchTower

...........................................................Jehovah Bless Me For Being a..

................................................................... WBT$/JW ASSH*LE..

Image result for angry godImage result for Businessman praying

• life is to short
    life is to short

Outlaw I am so glad you are on this board, you always make me laugh.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit