jw deny rumours moving UK HQ to Chelmsford project has collaspe

by Aleph 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aleph
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    I noticed that they refer to the Jehovah's Witnesses and also mention the International Bible Students Association as the group that places the JW literature......I'm confused..... did the Society retain ownership of that name and is it actively used?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Britain and International Bible Students Association are both registered with the Charity Commission here in the UK.

They are both in active use and one produces literature and sells it to the other for distribution but I cannot remember which way round it is.

A couple of years ago a discrepancy of over £1M was discovered and had to be paid retrospectively.

George

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The Chronicle exclusively revealed in January 2014 how the IBSA is relocating the headquarters from Mill Hill in north London and build a printing plant producing up to 184,000 religious magazines an hour, accommodation for up to 1,200 Witnesses, parking for 1,040 vehicles and a hospital and playing fields."

With the downsizing going on elsewhere in the World, I wonder if in the end they will actually have 1,200 JW's on Site, and if they will need that printing capacity.

We shall have to see if these projected figures become reality, somehow I doubt it.

But I bet the guys in the Control Room at Cult Headquarters are licking their lips at the prospect of selling off all the holdings in the Mill hill area.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    They are both in active use and one produces literature and sells it to the other for distribution but I cannot remember which way round it is.

WTBTSB Accounts 2014....

Income...

Producing and distributing Bible literature 8,759,227

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends61/0001077961_AC_20140831_E_C.pdf

IBSA Accounts 2014....

Expenses....

Provision of literature for Bible education 8,820,956

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends47/0000216647_AC_20140831_E_C.pdf

WTBTSB sells the literature to the IBSA.

• Sledge Hammer
    Sledge Hammer

Hallo there,

this is me, Sledge Hammer, from Germany.

Morfe Detail-Information about IBSA you can get here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00136726/filing-history

and about the WTBS Britain here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03858051/filing-history

I don't know the Situation in Bethel Selters actually, but I can tell you, there was staff fired in three waves - the last even the higher charges and 50+.

At last: I hope, we can communicate with my knowledge of school-english, long ago. Please correct me, when i'm wrong, helps me learning.

Greetings to all, Sledge

• Simon
    Simon

"helps me learning" -> "helps me to learn" or "helps me learn"

Similar to "you run" vs "you are running"

Your English is far better than my German! I think all I can recall from doing French and German at school is the names of the characters in the books:

Jean-Paul et Claudette in the French one

Hans und Liselotte Meyer in the German one.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Thanks for the information everyone! Sledge your English is great!
  • Sledge Hammer
    Sledge Hammer

Thanks Simon for the ing-form lesson, for sure I'll need some more for the 'If-clauses' and thanks to you, Giordano. I have to re-activate a lot.

At the moment I'm searching for more Information about IBSA Malta, it must be the tax-haven for the IBSA/WTBS (London-Malta solution), but it's not easy to find them without having their Companynumber.

But let's play Games without frontiers!

Bonne Chance to all :-)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Sledge Hammer
    Hallo there, this is me, Sledge Hammer, from Germany.

Welcome on board (herzlich willkommen hier im forum)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit