does any one watch ANGEL on the WB channel 11 ?

by topanga 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• topanga
    topanga

the recent episodes remind me of jws

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

My lot watch Angel but on SKY TV here in the UK. Now you have got them thinking, so I will be back with the thoughts. By the way, which episode are you on.

Mrs Nightwarrior

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

I am an Angel widow. As I type my other half is glued to the sofa watching Angel. I just don't get it myself. What season/eps remind you of JW's? I might make a point of watching, and shock the hell out of hubby in the process!!

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hey topanga,

I LOVE Angel! And yes, I got that impression from the episode last night, "Shiney Happy People." Even the title was a bit weird. Everyone was walking around blissfully doing the bidding of the goddess/demon Jasmine and at one point when Fred says something like, "How come no one is questioning anything anymore?" Angel replies, "Isn't it wonderful?" Meaning, just doing what you're told and no longer having to think for yourself. Fred sees through the beautiful facade of Jasmine and tells Wesely who imemdiately rats her out and next thing she's branded as 'evil' for speaking against the new world order. I was waiting for the characters to start passing out fliers door to door.

Silverleaf the Angel fan

apologies for any spoilers contained herein

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I really enjoy Buffy, and the first season of Angel just came out on DVD, so I'm watching my way through it right now. But the episodes currently being shown on TV are a long way off. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far, though.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

the recent plotline with Jasmine may provide a convenient cliched analogy to how some here view JWs but how pridictable to point it out. Real JWs are more complex.

And by the way so far it is only those with a history of mental illness that can see jasmine for the ugly demon she really is.

(and couldn't they have gotten a more attractive actress to play the part? those big teeth of the facade jasmine are scary by themselves!)

-Eduardo

• freedom96
    freedom96

My wife watches it. I can't stand it.

• topanga
    topanga

they dont have mental illnesses freddy came into contact with her blood , while washing out that blouse. i agree she looks hideous and why are they dressing her in those ugly clothes ? Glory the goddess was dressed better(buffy episode)

Whenever jws try to discredit someone, they use that mean and nasty mental illness skitzo remark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit