Quick Question, Need some help - thanks

by JT 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

what publication is being refered to when one sees "Ibid"

thanks- i'm working on a paper and i need to know what publication that actually is

thanks

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

As far as know, it means they refer to the same reference as the one directly above that. Means, the same, idem.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The publication most recently mentioned. For example you might see something like this in a list of references.

1. Dover, Eileen, How I Fell Off a Cliff, 39

2. Ibid., 45

The first reference is to page 39 of the book mentioned, the second to page 45 of the same book.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

How I fell off a cliff??? LOL, But yeah, thats the right explanation.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How I fell off a cliff???

Yes, by Eileen Dover. Gettit? Anyone?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I got it! I'm LMAO

• JT
    JT

thanks for the info

• greven
    greven

Funny JT,

My very first post on this board was the same question you had. Find it here.

The most funny part is that I asked the elders at the time this question and it took them 3 months to get back at me (in the mean time i knew through this board).

Hilarious!

Greven

• JT
    JT
    My very first post on this board was the same question you had. Find it here.

The most funny part is that I asked the elders at the time this question and it took them 3 months to get back at me (in the mean time i knew through this board).

Hilarious!

and we got and answer back in just a few min. but don't be too hard on the elders, keep in mind they are "Cheese and Cracker Men"

smile

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Funky,

I liked your reference "How I fell off a Cliff...."

Makes me want to add..........."and Landed At The Top" The true story of an X JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit