Do you have J-dar?

by JWdaughter 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    If you've been in the sewers you'll recognize the smell of shit.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

JWDaughter," a beautiful intelligent woman, told us of her two kids from Jamaica......"

Many beautiful women are JWs, and they are the same as non beautiful Jws, safe within mother, Mothet is the belly- yes they are intelligent, but as soon as you suggest their faith is crap, you become the insect climbing up a stone.

The Rebel.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It makes sense that they'd be easy to spot. That's somewhat by design. The cult trains people to be clones, using the same speech patterns and talking about similar shallow things. They spend so much time listening to the WT literature being read that their speech begins to mimic the phrasing used therein. Plus there's always their casual use of the WT loaded language. They dress a certain way and their makeup/hair is rather plain. Any one thing by itself would be dismissed but when you see it all together its unmistakable, especially to someone who's been around it for so much of their life.

One of the things that our brain is best at is recognizing patterns and matching them to previous experience. You've had a lot of experience developing a template of what a JW is in your head and you've still got that there. It doesn't take long for your brain to match someone to that template.

The ease with which JWs are able to identify one another creates a virtual cult compound wall keeping members in because it works both ways. JWs instantly recognize one another, but that also means that when they're talking to a non-JW they're acutely aware of it and it makes them feel separate and out of place. This mechanism operates subconsciously and helps to keep them from forming strong bonds with non-JWs.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    I actually do not have J-dar at work. A lot of times people surprise me. But that's probably because they've mostly turned out to be fringe dwellers.
  • HappyGal
    HappyGal
    I can usually spot them when they are dressed for field service. Of course they are easy to spot when they wear a JW.ORG button when eating lunch at Costco. True story.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My granddaughter had a new follower on instagram. Looked her up and realized the girl is in the orchestra with her. And she's a jw.

"The hypocrisy would make you hurl, Grammaw!"

I know, right? I think her J-dar is developing.

Marina

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have identified a few even though they were not in field service or cart witnessing. There is just something about them, nice, but sort of uptight, like they are filtering every thing you say to make sure you don't contaminate them. I was talking with a couple at a restaurant, they had a hyperactive toddler. I said, don't worry my grandson was just like that, now he is wants to go school to be a minister. She looked uncomfortable and kind of nodded vacantly, so I guessed then. Later I over heard them mention going to "the meeting".

Yup, J-dar

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LisaRose - "...like they are filtering every thing you say to make sure you don't contaminate them..."

God, can you imagine how f**king exhausting it must be to have to do that all the time?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have J-Dar too, I'm not 100 per cent at it, more like 90.

Someone mentioned a Kingdom smile, i call it the Jesus/cult smile, after you talk to some for a while they usually have that Jesus smile on their face, and it's not just JWs, any other Cult, like the one the Duggars belong to and many others. After I've heard some folks in other folks talk and they tell a story and then Jesus comes into it they usually have that smile on their face.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yep...I remember as a JW, I thought a classmate was also a JW. Turned out she was.

There are definitely subconscious cues being picked up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit