Searching for this Site

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I tried searching for this Site by entering "jehovahs-witness.com" and this Site did not come up on the first page ! it was jw dot org etc all the way down !

How can we change this ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

deleted

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

but dont click on that link--it changed to blue after i posted it

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am just concerned that Search Engines have been manipulated so that this Site is hidden. Only someone like me who scrolled down a few pages would have found it.

• Incognito
    Incognito

When I search in G for the entire URL you specified, it takes me directly to this site without performing any search.

When searching 'jehovahs-witness', then various Wiki and JW dot org pages and recent news articles are listed on the first search page.

When I perform a G search for 'jehovahs-witness discussion' or 'jehovahs-witness forums', this site is shown at the top of the results.

As there are so many relevant pages, a search needs to be somewhat specific on what it is you are looking for, in this case 'discussion' or 'forums'.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i tried jehovahs witness dot net--came up in 2nd place

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Phizzy - you don't need to look on google or bing or whatever.

Just type 'jehovahs-witness.net' in the search bar and it will automatically find 'jehovahs-witness.com'.

Works every time.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

LUHE--that only works if youre already logged in on here. i tried to type in j.....w....net and the link took my to some other place--with scary messages. so i deleted my post above.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Stan - really?

Because it works for me when I'm on my laptop (I'm logged in all the time) but it also works when I'm at a public library.

• Incognito
    Incognito

After Stan's most recent reply, I closed down all site pages and tried again. Same results as my prior post.

I then tried the Edge browser (I normally use Chrome) to see if the results were different. Edge by default searches with Bing and in searching this site URL, this site was at the top of the Bing results. When searching 'jehovahs-witness', this site was the third search result.

Performing a G search in Edge, when the URL was searched, G did not take me directly to this site but instead listed search results with this site shown at the top of the 1st page. All other results are as I indicated in my earlier post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit