Does anyone know this?

by DJ 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJ
    DJ

It seems that my mom and one of my sister's disagree about a wt teaching. (both jw's) I'm wondering if anyone here knows who is right....according to the wt that is...

It's found at 1Thes.4:13-18. About the coming of the Lord, aka the rapture. My mom says that this already happened and that's what I remember the teaching to be, while my hard core dubby sister insists that it hasn't. Anyone? thanks, dj

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi dj,

the understanding i remember is that the dead in Christ who rise first (v.16) are those who have died in centuries preceding 19l4, or time of Christ's invisible return. in 19l4 they would be resurrected to heavenly life. after that, the anointed still alive (v.17) would be immediately raised to heaven as they die off.

but who knows, nothing is so constant as change within wts.

love, nowisee

• DJ
    DJ

Thanks nowisee,

I remember the same thing. I guess my sister is causing divisions....good for her! love, dj

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

the resurrection STARTED to happen in 1914-1919 by the raising of those who died previous to that date en masse and continues on (the twinkling business) as each new one dies. So the whole twinkling thing did START after 1919.

so both are technically right. if you consider that right.

Ravyn

• DJ
    DJ

Thanks ravyn. I know what you mean by, technically. This hope only refers to the 144,000 according to them. Soooo.......when a person dies outside of the 144.....they have a different hope which totally contradicts the teaching of the one faith and ONE hope. Oh I get it. Thanks again, love,dj

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I found a comment in the Watchtower of 1993, Jan.15th, to the effect that the scripture at 1 Thess. 4 refers to the individual deaths and ressurection of the 144000. The previous living who had died, getting theirs at the start of the second prescence "Will rise first", and the living remnant as they individually die off .

I just wonder if your sister might be confusing it with the later revision of Mathew 24.30 , when it is now expected that a heavenly manifestation of Jesus will visibly appear at the start of the Great Tribulation "With power and great glory" to gather his people together , while the likes of you and me "Will beat themselves in lamentation".

Go Figure???

• DJ
    DJ

Ohhhhh my. thanks Blues for confusing me further.lol. As far as I'm concerned, the bible says what it says there, and I am going up in dat cloud with my empty time card and only a pocketful of faith, you in? Don't gimme that James verse either about my faith being worthless w/o deeds. I read that 'in context' about the need to give from the heart to the needy. True faith bears fruits of love. I can't believe I ever believed them......grrrrrr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit