ANOINTED… SPIRITUAL INSIGHT?

by MacHislopp 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

Room 215 --- That's an interesting analogy . Have you known these people that were disrespected that way ? I would think the anointed would have the last say on matters and to refuse them an audience would be sacreligious. Would like to hear more on that .

• Maverick
    Maverick

Great Post! The faulthful and indiscreet enslavers are very clever to maneuver Jesus into the back room.They tell the RF that the Bible was written for a special group, not them. If the RF want some crums they had better tow the line, (partyline). The FDS will be the RF's Messiah! And then the FDS tell the annointed that they don't have any special insight unless they are at Bethel. It all come down to a handful of men. When it suits the Governing Body they include all the 'other' annointed, when it does not, they don't. So we have four groups of people here. The Governing Body and their inside crowd, the other annointed who are impotent, the other sheep who are slaves, and the dead who God has not killed yet! Sound simple enough! I can't believe I bought this happy crap all those years! Maverick

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

well after the 1st page of your post i called my dad(jw) about this weeks book study. and asked if he was being teached by jehovah in this book? he said what you found more problems? well he hung up the phone and turned it off . in 1 minute because he knows whats's coming . And he can't back up what he studied last night.... busted again..........yesterday i was at dad's to get my mail and a friend of my brother was there that my dad has been lying (preaching to). so i went into a 20 sermon of wt lies and false prophecies!!!!!!!!dad sat there like saddam getting bombed in iraq> finally i hit the bunker and said you want your new study , to make an informed choice? and to know all the facts ... well dad jumped out of his chair and demanded i leave the house and was calling the police to send them to my job to lock me up. i said wow your TRUTH IS SO WEAK THAT you need babylon the great ,to keep your secrets from interested ones... as i left i told the study that this is the love you will recieve if you question any of the wt teachings.......john

• heathen
    heathen

Wow johnny that's so anal it went off the anal meter . They do the same thing that they complain about the worldly people who are so unreachable and belligerent , are you telling us you can't even have an intellegent conversation with your own parents?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I can't even have an intelligent conversation about this with my wife. Anytime ANYTHING negative isbrought up against the WT she goes into a tirade just as JC's dad does.

Now, she doesn't even broach the subject of WT nonsense to me.

• Room 215
    Room 215

heathen,et al.... yes, my comment about how the individual professing members of the remnant who write in ``suggestions" on doctrine or whatever are treated with condescention by Brooklyn is based on conversations with those who've attempted to do so.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Very interesting post J Mac.

One thing that always got me too is how they say that things are "revealed" to them, and yet they never really say just how that happens. Is it by dreams? Visions? Of course, they say that God isn't using those means, but then just what means does he use? I guess they think it's a matter of just looking into the Bible long enough. But they never explain the mechanism that God supposedly uses to impart such "understanding".

By the way, a jw friend of mine and I know of one of the "anointed" a woman who has been dead now about 10 years, who used wonder why jws couldn't celebrate birthdays.

• rocketman
    rocketman

BTW, Maverick...you broke it down nicely. That's basically how it shapes up. Good post.

• heathen
    heathen

room215 --- Were these people men or women? I know the WT accepts woman as qualifying for being anointed but for the most part they are not allowed to enjoy the free speech of any 8 year old kid as I have seen 8 year old kids in the theocratic ministry school giving public instruction but as we see there the women are not allowed to do that .This is one of the things I brought up as a study and was put down over it because I don't believe women can fill that role and the bible has too many restrictions on women for them to be able and perform the duties of the anointed .

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello rocketman,

Thanks for your comment, and for your …question

“…never really say just how that happens. Is it by dreams? Visions?

… they never explain the mechanism that God supposedly uses to impart such "understanding"

I do agree with you …they avoid to give precise and definite answers.

From "The Watchtower " 1960 July 15 th , pages 438-9 paragraph 2:

“ Just as the early Christian congregation collectively

served as the channel of communication from heaven

to earth, so in our time. (Eph. 3:10) Abundant spiritual

food and amazing details as to the doing of God's will have

been flowing through this unique channel actually as a

miraculous evidence of the operation of holy spirit. "

From "The Watchtower " 1981 December 1 st , page 27

“Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization,

his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed

ones ... Unless we are in touch with this channel of

communication that God is using, we will not progress

along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do."

From "The Watchtower" 2001 August 1 st , page 14, paragraph 8th

“Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth

as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his

Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave. "

As you can see, in these quotes the WTBS Inc. mentions:

“channel of communication “;

“revealed by Jehovah God”;

“flowing through this unique channel;

“miracolous evidence”;

“channel of communication from heaven to earth”.

So what is left out is the mode/instrument/mean

to transmit/send/give/impart the actual communication.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit