What are your 5 favourite films of all time?

by ScoobySnax 52 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

sorry scooby, i just can't help myself....i will not repeat ones others have mentioned though there are some on my list...

to each his own (40's - olivia dehaviland)

yankee doodle dandy - i love james cagney dancing every time

high noon - grace kelly pacifist with that shotgun to the rescue!!

north by northwest

vertigo

splendor in the grass - the best movie natalie wood ever made - should have gotten oscar

cocoon - the way things really should be

silence of the lambs - i actually was in love with hannibal

sex, lies videotape

forrest gump

a brilliant mind....

3 recent ones that made huge impression:

25th hour - spike lee - having actually watched 9ll could not help but be moved by this metaphor of nyc

chaos (french subtitles - great female empowerment film - go see it!)

and....

has anyone else here seen SECRETARY?? my oh my oh my

• Scully
    Scully

Hmmmmmm only 5 eh??

• Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Michael Caine and Steve Martin)
    • Throw Momma from the Train (Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito)
    • The Princess Bride
    • Hamlet (1990 version, with Mel Gibson)
    • Braveheart (for the pure satisfaction of seeing Mel in a kilt....... oooooh baby!!)

If I could expand my list further

• It's a Wonderful Life
    • Four Weddings and a Funeral
    • Something About Mary
    • Return to Me
    • The Story of Us
    • The Sixth Sense
    • Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

I'll probably think of more, but that's it for now.... it's a beautiful spring morning and I'm going out to enjoy it!!

Love, Scully

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

There are too many to list but these are some of the ones I could watch over and over again.

The Princess Bride

Pretty Woman

Nottinghill

Top Gun

National Lampoons X-mas vacation (always play that when I put up the Christmas tree)

Sweetest thing (with Cameron Diaz, a great chick flick, but xjw watched it with me, and he liked it)

I don't think he'd wants anybody to know that he actually watches chick flicks.

Gotcha Dear

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Here are five of my favourites, I've tried to pick ones that nobody else has mentioned so they're not necessarily the top five and in no particular order:

The Sting

Three Colours Trilogy

The Italian Job

Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources

Twelve Monkeys

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

teejay:

btw... Spice....

Fight Club? What is it about *that* movie that appealed to you? Just curious.

Well I think that the script was excellent. Was incredibly well acted and has a great twist in the end. Givse a different view into the mind of a nut---same reason I liked "A Beautiful Mind". And just so no misconceptions are formed its not because Brad Pitt is in it (I think he is cute but I really enjoy his acting more than his face----If you have qualms about his acting skills I recommend watching Kalifornia--which is in my top 10 btw)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

After having sat through Disneys "The Sleeping Beauty" today with my 5 year old niece Meg, I have to add that one to my list. "Malificent" the wicked fairy put in a remarkable appearance, what a bitch! LOL

• proplog2
    proplog2

Vertigo... I watch it once a year. Always a few days before I go to San Francisco

The Graduate - Captures the heart of the baby boomer generation

Two For the Road - Light comedy with a beautiful theme song

Hombre - Paul Newman at his best

Indiscreet - Saw this at Radio City Music Hall in 1958 while at the International Convention. I longed to live such a sophisticated life.

• Farkel
    Farkel

1. Citizen Kane

2. Gone With The Wind

3. Dr. Zhavago

4. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

5. Tied for 5th place: The Producers and Cassablanca

It doesn't get much better than that, and I've covered the whole gamit!

By the way, anyone who doesn't pick "It's a Wonderful Life" for their favorite Christmas story or George C. Scott's "Christmas Carol" should be summarily shot!

Farkel

• onacruse
    onacruse

Terminator 1

Terminator 2

Alien

Aliens

The Wrath of Khan

My favorite Xmas movie:

Star Wars

anyone who doesn't pick "It's a Wonderful Life" for their favorite Christmas story or George C. Scott's "Christmas Carol" should be summarily shot!

<---putting on blindfold, smoking last cig

Craig

• Mac
    Mac
    Hudson Hawk Comedy

Sheila,

I want to commend you on being braver than I..........the critics panned it and Bruce Willis calls it the worst mistake he ever made. But, I'll tell ya what......this is also one of my favorite films. It actually transforms any mood I am in into one of serene happiness....I love this movie!!

".......or would you like to swing on a star, carry moon beams home in a jar...."

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit