by Verenda 9 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Verenda
    Verenda

How do I change my avatar? I have tried uploading an image but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks

• bsmart
    bsmart

I see an avatar, I just checked some of your old posts and it is still the old one. A private message to Simon might do the trick. Or try reloading the new avatar.

• NewLight
    NewLight

Hello! Same problem here. I'm trying to upload an avatar picture, but doesn't seem to work. I've tried various browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and devices (Windows PC, iPad) but without success. Grateful for any help!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The software called Gravatar used work for this site, it might still ,check it out. You basically pick a picture you want to use from your own computer, upload it to their site and copy it over to here.

https://en.gravatar.com/support/what-is-gravatar/

• NewLight
    NewLight

Thank you Finkelstein for your help.

I looked at the link you gave, but it seems a little complicated to me - first I should create a Wordpress account, plus there are various types of Gravatar images.

So, is there not a simpler way? Why the “upload avatar” feature, in my profile page, is not working? Does it work only with certain types/sizes of pictures, or something else is the problem?

Does anybody know?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

NewLight message Simon , he may be able to help you out, he's the owner of the site

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

First, your avatar needs to WANT to change.

(Old psychology joke.)

• NewLight
    NewLight

Hello again,

I messaged Simon, but didn't get any reply yet. So I followed Finkelstein's advice and uploaded my image at the Gravatar site.

Now, at my profile page (of jw discussion board), I see my new image appearing at the "Refresh Gravatar" button. However, when I press it, nothing seems to be happening (I waited also for a little while, as suggested).

Any ideas? (Hope it's not the curse of J...h!)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I messaged Simon, but didn't get any reply yet. So I followed Finkelstein's advice and uploaded my image at the Gravatar site.

NewLight ...

Simon accepts PayPal.

The last time I changed mine, it was only like $49.95 USD.

Being here in the US, there was no VAT or Florida sales tax.

You also may wish to check Groupon since they periodically have discounts.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry, been working on something else which I only have a few weeks to complete, it wouldn't make sense to fix the current avatar handling as I'll be replacing it soon (hopefully)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit