Once-in-a-lifetime relationships: despite the decades

by Open mind 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

My wife and several friends recently hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite.

It brought back memories of my very good friend (now deceased) Clarise.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/142423/memory-clarice-musings-from-hills?size=10&page=1

Life is short. Make as many moments precious as you can.

om

• Divergent
    Divergent

It's hard to find chilled-out, relaxed, easygoing, & open-minded elderly ones in congs. Many are bitter, negative, & paranoid, often lamanting about "worsening" world conditions, constantly complaining about health problems, etc. Some are self-righteous, exalting themselves above others & expect special treatment, supposedly deserved due to their being in "the truth" for many years. It's great that you found someone uncommon who you could relate to & who proved to be a good friend!

• sir82
    sir82

It's hard to find chilled-out, relaxed, easygoing, & open-minded elderly ones in congs. Many are bitter, negative, & paranoid, often lamanting about "worsening" world conditions, constantly complaining about health problems, etc. Some are self-righteous, exalting themselves above others & expect special treatment, supposedly deserved due to their being in "the truth" for many years.

When were visiting my congregation? I don't remember seeing you there.

Actually, you've pretty much nailed every congregation I've ever seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit