To Sword of Jah

by NaruNaruChan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Just a question, but how is it that you can post on a site with apostates on it when we all know if the Society caught you that you would be reproved and shunned like us? Also, don't you think it directly interferes with your relationship to Jehovah to blatantly disregard counsel given that "Bad associations spoil useful habits"? Also, the society recommends that you SHUN us, so why aren't you? What is your story, SwordofJah? Are you getting ready to leave?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Why try and pick a fight with him? You never know what might be going on in someone's head. It could well be a person might "Act out", as in the case of at least one other poster here, in defence of the WTBS, while actually trying to piece it all together for themselves. We all know what the Kingdom Ministy says, but why quote it at the Dubs? They know it too, and the truth is, they need to be helped to realize it is ok to bend JW edicts. That is important, because it helps people think for themselves.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, normally (in the past seven years or so) when someone acts in such an apparently hypocritical fashion it means one of several things;

• They're a bad Witness who thinks the rules apply to everyone else.
    • They are a 'superfine apostle', who thinks the rules apply to everyone else.
    • They have genuine doubts but retain a sense of loyalty.
    • They're a big conflicted mess with cognotive dissonances making them bounce off the walls and direct their frustration at innocent bystanders.
    • They're a big fat troll.

Ecetera.

• Ed
    Ed
    You never know what might be going on in someone's head.

Exactly right. Shortly after I left, I found myself in forums (not this one) and usenet groups fiercely defending JW beliefs, even though I had no real reason to. I had some difficulty letting go of the notion that anyone who disagrees with the WTS is evil and ignorant, because this attitude was all I had ever known. Looking back, I don't think I really wanted to convert anyone, I just wanted answers to questions that had been bothering me for a long time.

• Francois
    Francois

You also never know that anything is going on in someone's mind.

francois

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan
    Why try and pick a fight with him?

I'm not picking a fight, it's genuine curiousity. When I was active, I lurked on here to get answers to stuff that bothered me too, but I just wanted to know his story because I came across a bunch of his posts and it just hit me.. who is this guy/gal and what are they thinking? I mean, it's an admirable goal to try to re-convert people if you think of it on a worldly term, but I mean... really, what mindset does he have? Im so curious.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

He's not a Witness. Well, maybe he used to be, but not anymore. He only posts as he does to get attention. He's so self-absorbed that he gets off on posting troll-like messages in the middle of threads and then seeing everyone respond to him. It feeds his ego. He is not interested in debate or conversation, only in how many responses he can get.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Instead of focusing on the negative, you should be thanking me for having the courage to come in here as I am trying desperately to save your life.

I'm not the enemy, I'm a friend.

Yours truly,

SwordofJah

• Realist
    Realist

hello sword,

thanks for the effort (if its genuine)!

question....what would have to happen that you start to doubt the WTBTS?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I am trying desperately to save your life.

We're fine, thanks.

Now, if you have a cure for AIDS or Ebola, feel free to chime in.

God hasn't done anything for the world lately.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit