I lost enough weight!!!!!!!!!!!!

by pr_capone 13 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Ok, I would have posted this long ago but its Simon's fault that I couldnt. Him and his damn 2 post rule. hehehehe

Anyhow.... I decided to go to the armory today to have my Sargent weigh me and measure me. For those of you who dont know, for someone my height the military says that they can weigh no more than 208 pounds. Now, I am a big guy..... I weighed much more than that and there is no way, without a personal trainer (which I cant afford), that I would ever make 208 pounds.

The other option for me to enlist was that my body fat percentage has to be below a certain # which I was above by 6.343 percent. I dieted hard and went running every single day. It seems that in 2 weeks I dropped a little over 20 pounds and lost 4 inches off my waist. He measured me and I made it!!!!!!!!! I hit the minimum requirements and I am ready to go!

I have to report to Kansas City (or Topeka... I cant rmemeber but I will post it tommorow) on Thursday. I will have to go to m.e.p.s (military enrolement processing something.... I dont remember) on Friday at 4:30 to recieve a physical and answer hundereds of questions. I will be sworn in on Friday and I will be an official member of the United States Army National Guard (6 months later to be regular army).

I will find out on Friday when I get shipped out for Basic Training! I will keep you all informed.

I wanted to thank the many of you who showed me support and sent me messages of support in my quest to get into the military. I am on my way now. I will post pictures when I get back from meps on Friday assuming that I get my uniform issued to me then. I may have to wait until I get back from Basic which I will post nudie pics (in my boxers ladies... calm down) of myself to show off my new body.

Again, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• berylblue
    berylblue

Congratulations and good luck to you!

Rosemarie

• blondie
    blondie

Good job, pr. Basic training will keep it off. You will learn skills in basic training that will save your life and that of your fellows. Just remember that when the going seems rough.

Blondie (military brat)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is wonderful, the excitement really shows thru, you seem so confidant of your choice, and we are all very proud of you.

Well you told the diet secret I was afraid of ,,,,,,,,,,,EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, that's great PR, running is great, but for me walking would be more on my line. But your experience just goes to show that the two, diet AND exercise go hand in hand. And you seem so happy too..........

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, well you have made the first physical cut,,,,,,,, the mental evaluation,lets see how that crazy mind of yours will do for ya..............lol..........I guess they want to see just how craz you are..you must be to join the army in the first place,,,,,,,,,,j/k, I am sure you will do just fine .

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Congrats PR!!

2 Weeks, 20 lbs......I am going to cry now. (But I am still happy for you-really)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Congratulations!!! You show admirable self-discipline (she says as she's having a large Mocha Blast with whipped cream). I raise my Hershey's bar to you, mang!

Just take care of yourself wherever they send you, okay?

Nina

• Satanus
  • Jesika
    Jesika

CONGRATS HON!!!!!!!!!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

That is great! Good for you!

• nowisee
    nowisee

wow. that is impressive!

Share this