A little Monday Morning fun

by caligirl 6 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

I just got back from the doctors, where I decided to entertain myself a bit. The waiting room was not too crowded, and I spotted a few recent copies of the Watchtower and Awake on the magazine table. So I broke out my pen, and left a message on the inside of each of the magazines. Each now bears a slightly different version of " This magazine is printed by a cult. Please carefully research cults and who might be vulnerable to them if anything you read here sounds remotely reasonable." In addition, in one, I wrote "I was a member of this harmful cult for 24 years. Please do not let them trap you" And in another I wrote " Ask the next witness who knocks at your door why they protect pedophiles." Who knows how long they will be left there, but my messages will greet them right on the top of page one if they are curious enough to open them up.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

ROFL

Good Job! I havent seen any anywhere but I would do the same thing!

Kansas District Overbeer

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Caligirl: way to go!

Most of the time, people don't read the Watchtowers/Awakes, but if they see some scribbling, THEN they may pick them up to see what humour they may find, but instead, find your 'warning'.

I hope that it'll make an impact. One never knows. Good go girl!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

he,hee that was so cool Caligirl!

I usually just take the mags and throw them in the trashcan. Makes me wonder if someone in the office works for the WTS otherwise why would they even let those trashy mags be there?

Katie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey caligirl,I`ve done the same at laundry mats..The dubs think their giving the public a witness.They`re right,mine..LOL!..When the dubs caught on to what I was doing.They started hiding their magazines in the center pages of other religious magazines.Only to have the Awake and Watchtower suffer the same fate as the others I had gotten a hold of..I haven`t seen any magazines there lately,LOL!.....OUTLAW

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Hey, don't throw out the magazines from any laundromat on 8th Ave in NYC. Ever since they stopped our subscriptions that's the only place I can still get my magazines.

Gamaliel

• caligirl
    caligirl

Since they were current April issues, I did wonder if one of the receptionists planted them, and I wanted to be inconspicuous about whatever I did with them. The garbage can was not convenient, so I decided against chucking them. I also did not really want to be seen handling them, so I put them inside another magazine while I wrote my little public service messages. The same old stuff, the awake was on teens & drug use with some nauseating article with an alleged "quote" about how daddy always kept this person busy with spiritual pursuits to "protect" them. That little snippet was about all I could handle to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit