I Don't Want To Kill My Pussy Cat!

by Stephanus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am so sorry to hear about your cat, Steph, that is so hard to go thru, and it is just so darn painful. Sending you hugs, cause I know this is a miserable feeling, just missing your pet and not having that familar face around anymore.

I had to put my beloved Nemo, a black cat I had for over 14 yrs to sleep a few years ago. We thought he got ran over , but turned out he had arthritis so bad he could no longer walk and he cried all the time.

I knew he was getting older and slower but didnt know he was hurting for so long, until he just couldnt get up anymore.

The vet said the cat would only keep hurting , it couldnt be fixed and meds would have been sky high and only bring a little relief , if any in his case. I told the vet I was ready to let him go , and I held him as they gave him something to relax him before they put him to sleep. He was happy and purred for me the whole time even as his eyes got drowsey from the meds. I told them I wanted to remember him that way, resting quietly and comfortably and I was the last face my cat saw as he dozed off. They put him to sleep once I left the room and they also buried him for me on the vets farm. They do that around here in this little community, i am glad because I didnt have to see him again, but could remember him as I left him peacefully napping like a cat should.

I had another Nemo, that was only 8 months old and a month or so ago he got ran over and broke my heart all over again. I could have swore he was the reincarnation of my first Nemo. I don't think there will be anymore Nemos for me. It was my son's cat really, my youngest and I never told him what really happend to his cat, I know he could not handle it , he just has a phobia about death anyway. He would relive it in his mind , so I chose not to tell the truth on this matter. I hope he never finds out,,,,,,, but I am sure one day it will come out, all secrets do, but at least he will be older.

• Maverick
    Maverick

To lose a beloved pet is never easy. Think of the joy that life gave you. Think of the quality of life you gave to it. It had a life better than most of its kind. It lived a life better than most humans on earth. All things change, this is a constant. As a parent and pet owner I have lost many pets and I found the best cure is another pet. One different so as to write its own history. A new life to bond with and love. May you have peace. Maverick

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Stephanus - pussy cats are feral

don't you see how evil they are - it almost made you quit posting!

when my ol' tortoise shell dies i'm not replacing her damn it!

better off with wombats, unc.

(ps: working for wires, I've sent more animals to the spirit world lately than RamsesII

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Stephanus, I'm very sorry for your loss. I have always loved the dark kitty with the glowing eyes and I'm sorry to learn that such a faithful companion is no longer around.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

disposing of the i mean ah sending your cherished loved one on its way

yeah so why not turn the situation to advantage

ok you guys .. i'm giving you 30 seconds to leave the alley! 1... 2... 3... 4..

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    when my ol' tortoise shell dies i'm not replacing her damn it!

Dammit, Unc! Don't you know that moggies are self-replacing? That when one departs it sends out a cosmic signal letting all other cats know that you're now vacant and in need of feline company??? Any cat currently out of work applies to fill the vacancy...

• myself
    myself

(((((((Stephanus & Family))))))))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a pet, they are such a beloved part of the family.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

geez, you're right Stephanus,

good thing pussy cats can't organize a chook raffle or we'd all be mince meat!

my fluffy is 16 and liveds with daughter #1 in Penrith. (it's cat heaven with more moggies than a bloke can point a dog at - even though cats are banned in the block of flats their in .. moggies have no respect i tell ya! lol)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Stephanus...

I am very sorry to hear this, it is always so hard. This past fall I had to take my dear kitty who I had since I was 8 years old to the vet to say goodbye as well. It was easily one of the worst things I had to do. My thoughts are with you, this is never an easy descision to make. I'm sure you loved your cat very much, and that your kitty new how much she was loved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit