Totally embarrassed to be a Canadian right now

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am listening (interpret to mean - hurting my ears and senses) to the Canadian Juno awards. I know I am considered old by many on the board here but this stuff is just awful - off key - no recognizable tune - no intelligible words. Canada has some awesome talent. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with. Sad sad sad

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey LadyLee,just finished watching "Pop Star" it`s a showcase for new Canadian talent..Lots of really good talent in that bunch...OUTLAW

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Lady Lee, I was afraid to watch the live feed via CBC.

I can imagine who won the most awards tonight.

Years ago, it used to be interesting, but the last few years, it has been dreadful.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well they have Blue Rodeo on now and at least they can carry a tune and were pretty good - I'm not a total old fogey

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

Oh, come on, are we supposed to hate all Canadian entertainers now? Avril Lavigne is a prodigy, whether I or you like it or not. Shania is still great. If you want to find an excuse to hate something, look where the majority is looking....... THE WAR against ..... who again?.... oh yeah the weakest/2nd wealthiest oil nation on earth... GEEZ .... Lady Lee.... do you really think things have changed since you were young? I'm 34, and although slightly envious, if I had the ability or talent, I'd be in the exact same spot.......

Brad

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I saw the Canadian version of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Canadian Improv Games on the Comedy Channel. Man, was it crap! That is, until I saw the Australian Version, obviously taped in some Comedy Store - Bargain Basement type establishment. They were interstitials on the Comedy Channel. Guess what nationality I'm NOW embarrassed about...

• Prisca
    Prisca
    They were interstitials on the Comedy Channel.

Steph, I had to go and look up that word in my dictionary!

You trying to up the IQ on this board or something!!!

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not sure how I feel about Shania Twain wearing NHL team logos on her dresses.... I'm feeling very very conflicted right now....

Love, Scully (hockey fan, not necessarily a Shania fan)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Brad,

Oh, come on, are we supposed to hate all Canadian entertainers now?
    If you want to find an excuse to hate something

WTF???? I really hope that you did not mean this as harshly as it came across. Nowhere did LadyLee suggest first of all, that everyone should agree with her nor that all Canadian entertainers lack talent. In fact, if you go back and read her post, you will notice that she wrote the following:

Canada has some awesome talent

Where on earth did you get "hate all Canadian entertainers" in that?? She simply expressed her opinion of a particular awards show, nothing more, nothing less. I notice that you seem to be new to the board so I think if you go back and read some of LadyLee's posts, you'll see that hatred isn't a part of who she is.

(((((LadyLee))))) been missing ya! Thank you for your post on the Celestine Prophecy thread; as always, I'm touched by your warm heart and generosity of spirit. I apologize for not responding yet, things have been rather busy, but I hope to get to it today.

Dana (of the "doesn't think LadyLee is an old fogey" class)

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Lee:

Chill out whatcha yelling' for? Lay back it's all been done before. Why you have to go and make things so complicated?

Why don't any Canadian stars have breasts?

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit