This Iraqi deserves a medal!

by LuckyLucy 20 Replies latest social current

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Sorry you would lose that bet. I did answer Czar.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

When was this? I was looking forward to crushing you like a bug... although I'm near my posting limit for the day.

CZAR

• teejay
    teejay

The guy is very lucky he wasn't shot for his trouble. He really is.

• nowisee
    nowisee

God bless Mohammed.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OK LuLu. Don't know what happened there.

xjw..you'll be eaten those words some day!!!!

• Xena
    Xena

Truly a remarkable man. Gives you some faith back in the human race when you read about people like him.

• blondie
    blondie

His wife helped too. She was a nurse at the hospital where Jessica was held. She told her husband. Together they drew up the floor plan of the hospital and how many guards there were.

Blondie

• Xena
    Xena

You are right blondie, sorry I missed that point in my post!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Did you hear that Jessica asked her family if she made their local newspaper? I wonder how she felt when she heard about the International attention she is getting. She is just so cute and tiny.

She will never want for anything in her life again.............except maybe a peaceful night's sleep. I can only imagine what she endured.

• blondie
    blondie

I saw though that one of the 9 deceased soldiers found in the hospital was the Native American woman from Tuba City, Arizona. I know people in that area and was hoping so much that they would all be found alive. I have to limit my war news viewing. I'm so glad that this man and his wife were able to help Lori so it wasn't 10 soldiers.

http://www.nationalalliance.org/gulf2/lori.htm

Pfc. Lori Piestewa Identified By Family As MIA

A 22-year-old Mother of two, Lori Piestewa attended Army ROTC in High School, taking after her father who was a Vietnam veteran, and her grandfather - a World War II Vet.

Family is important in the Piestewa family. "It's very important to me knowing that my family is taken care of (while I'm away)," Piestewa told KFOX News on the day of her deployment. "Knowing that they'll be o.k. while I'm out there, and I don't have to worry about anything while I'm out there." Piestewa has a 4 year old son and 3 year old daughter.

At the family's home in Tuba City, Arizona Lori's brother Wayland remains positive. "She can survive. She knows how to survive. I was more optimistic to know that she wasn't by herself and that's what we were really worried about."

Piestewa is one of two Ft. Bliss women who are Missing in Action. A third woman with the 507th Maintenance Company is a Prisoner of War.

Pamela G. Dempsey
    Staff Writer

TUBA CITY, Ariz. A crowd of over 500 Wednesday filed into the Tuba City Warrior Pavilion bringing pictures of troops overseas, oranges, soda and doughnuts, and messages of hope. Friends and community members gathered again that night to encourage and pray for the family of Lori Piestewa and others who have family members in Iraq.

"We have come together tonight to show our unity to support our troops," said Tuba City chapter president Leo Begay.

An enlarged picture of Pfc. Lori Piestewa was centered on the podium until a family member removed it and placed it among the rest of the framed photographs of local service men and women, a reminder that all of Tuba City's family in Iraq are not forgotten.

Not an easy feat to do. The unknown whereabouts of Piestewa has spawned community walks, demonstrations of support and awareness for the Hopi and Navajo Nation tribal members who are serving the United States during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Wednesday night's event brought public statements of hope and prayer from Hopi Tribal Chairman Wayne Taylor, Navajo Nation President Joe Shirley Jr., Tuba City council delegate Hope MacDonald Lonetree and other community members.

Hector Tahu, superintendent of the Tuba City Unified School District, offered advice to the parents of those troop members who once attended the school.

"Have strength to pray always," Tahu said. "Those who are not here for a little while will be home, they'll be back. Think of them, they'll feel your spirit."

Prayer seemed to be the underlying theme of Wednesday's events and endorsed by all of those speaking, including Wayland Piestewa in the few remarks he made in the family's first public appearance since hearing the news of Lori.

"Today Lori's status remains the same," Piestewa said. "We ask that all of you pray everyday. Pray for those who dress in uniform, such as police, firefighters, nurses, doctors, teachers. Pray for those who we are in conflict with. There are families who are hurting like we are hurting and pray that they treat those as they would want to be treated."

Piestewa also asked one more thing of the crowd gathered around his family Wednesday night: "Please take the time, every day, even one minute, to tell your kids, your parents, your grandparents and all your family that you love them and how much they mean to you. If anything, this is the lesson that has been dealt to us and believe me, this is the one thing we won't forget. Please pray that all our service men and women come home."

Hopi Tribal Chairman Wayne Taylor spoke to the families offering further encouragement. "In times like this, we draw strength inwards," Taylor said, "strength only prayer and community can provide. That's why we are here tonight, to draw strength from each other."

Taylor went on to ask that all remember the men and women who live their daily lives to provide protection and that everyone pray for a quick war and speedy return for all warriors.

Shirley, sporting the United States Flag on his jacket, called the Piestewas upon hearing the news of their daughter and repeated what he told them earlier this week: "I will pray with my nation for Lori. We stand together as Native Americans, as a nation. Be one people and offer one prayer."

Shirley also said that our soldiers knew that freedom does not come cheap and they are now fighting to defend that freedom.

During the three-hour program, well-wishers stopped by the two rows of the Piestewa family to shake their hands, offer hugs of support, and whisper words of encouragement. Many community members stepped up to the podium to describe their own sons and daughters who were currently fighting and ask prayers of the people around them.

The Piestewa family, still very much wanting privacy for their family during this time, offered no interviews to the media.

Support groups, more marches, and a yellow-ribbon ceremony will be held in the upcoming days, along with the prayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit