We discovered a Dyson Sphere! . . . maybe

by Coded Logic 37 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    prologos: ...would not a Dyson Sphere block the star light completely, surround, encapsul the light source?

It might still be under construction. Even if it were to block all visible light it would still shine in the infrared as waste heat absorbed from the sunlight. It would still be visible by satellites with infrared capability.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    They finally found Jehovah's FDS Night Club. What we are seeing is the club's strobe light which only lights up every 3 years - .25 of a second in god time.
  • prologos
    prologos

Village Idiot
    2 hours ago
    "Even if it were to block all visible light it would still shine in the infrared as waste heat absorbed from the sunlight. It would still be visible by satellites with infrared capability."
    The idea is too, to beam the captured energy onto further colonized bodies, it would be h-- to live with no shade, sunlight coming and going. yes, the star/collector would still have to maintain a heat balance. but, build them and they will come, look at this planet.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

prologos:

The idea is too, to beam the captured energy onto further colonized bodies, it would be h-- to live with no shade, sunlight coming and going. yes, the star/collector would still have to maintain a heat balance. but, build them and they will come, look at this planet.

It doesn't have to be hell since the distance from the parent star can be calculated to the point where the temperature would be modest.

Shade can also be provided when clouds form (they only need a few miles of atmosphere to do so). If you were to need artificial shade it can be provided by orbiting parasols above the ringworld/Dyson sphere.

• talesin
    talesin
    To the OP: A couple of years ago, I watched the Kaku video and others in your second link - it's amazing to imagine what we 'don't know' .... makes me think of Jules Vernes and others with great imaginations about scientific possibilities (no matter how improbable they may have seemed at the time)..
  • prologos
    prologos
    talesin2 hours ago
    .... makes me think of Jules Vernes and others with great imaginations about scientific possibilities (no matter how improbable they may have seemed at the time)

yeah the lucky shot to predict that people would leave from Florida and travel to the moon, arrive. -- 100 years before the fact. Another Deist bsw,

• prologos
    prologos
    Village Idiot2 hours ago

It doesn't have to be hell since the distance from the parent star can be calculated to the point where the temperature would be modes

Yeah, these are minor details, I was thinking of all the nasty stuff now shielded from us by magnetics, the Van Allen belts, ozone, that you would not want to capture and have bounce around inside an quasi enclosure. I thought more in terms of a solar energy farm. The 700 day / 1 week frequency and the ~80day rotation are intriguing though. I am glad you let us in on the details, I have not read up on it before at all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ SecretSlaveClass...

Huh.

And here all along I'd thought that would be in orbit around Pleiades... :wink:

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

SSC lol!!

Villageidiot

Nah...Pleides is where all the stiff necked saints like Paul & 144,000 live..

This is obviously the club JC gets away too to hang with his bros and have some fun!😄

• prologos
    prologos
    Pleiades? Playades, Russell's home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit