Baghdad Gone Batty!

by Valis 11 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis

Eh, for any of you looking at CNN....My good friend and the Original Sassquatch, bird rehabillitator, and general freak o' the woods noticed the bats that were flying around in front of the CNN night scope cameras that were watching for explosions. He also showed me moths flying by and the bats getting busy showing a display of total air superiority. Nice to know that natural beauty goes on even in the face of human nature at its worst. Have a look and your war coverage might be a bit more interesting indeed...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Valis, now...I am interested in watching TV again.

I've seen that here in Toronto. The news broadcast will have various webcams being shown and a few times I've seen crawling across the camera face: spiders, or birds looking from on top of the camera into the lense (very hilarious).

Bats eh? Hmm....I gotta check this out.

Thanks Valis .

• Valis
    Valis

Yes...if you see the things fluttering like birds in front of the camera...those are bats!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• wednesday
    wednesday

actually, i had noticed the birds/bats and was so glad to see them as that means no chemical weapons. yes it is odd seeing nature and bombs all at the same time. I'll have to ask my hubby about the birds,as that is his special hobby.And u know, no matter what happens, there will be at least 2 roaches survive it all, mate and bring forth new roaches.

weds

• JH
    JH

Live picture from Batdad

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Holy Christiane Amanpour Valis! You're right. Iraqi bats eating Iraqi moths wearing little bitty moth burkas.

I still say bats need a cave though.

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Big T...maybe we should have sent the ambiguosly gay dynamic duo...they would have jacked the Iraqis up! *LOL* Actually I'm getting my buddy to make a couple bat houses for the summer time...Mosquitos are bad here and I'm hoping to attract at least one or two bats to the vicinity...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh (*&%$!!! My picture didn't show up. I hate it when that happens. It looked all right and now it's gone batty.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Bats, hmmm? I wonder how our Jennie would react to a bat house in the backyard? She hates mosquitos because they literally chase her down and she's allergic to their bites. But she isn't too fond of bats either. Definitely a dilemma!

Nina

• obiwan
    obiwan

I want to put one of those bat houses up, but I'm afraid that I'd get a mess load of bees nests in them instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit