Hey Simon

by ShirleyW 27 Replies latest jw friends

• maksutov
    maksutov

It is due to this bit of CSS in http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/static/styles/main-15abe09721.css:

.post-body {
    -moz-hyphens: auto;
    word-break: break-all;
    word-wrap: break-word;
    }

According to this page, it should perhaps be changed to:

.post-body {
    -ms-hyphens: auto;
    -moz-hyphens: auto;
    -webkit-hyphens: auto;
    hyphens: auto;
    -ms-word-break: break-all;
    word-break: break-word
    word-wrap: break-word;
    overflow-wrap: break-word;
    }

...for maximum browser compatability.

• WireRider
    WireRider

I see the word wrap in Firefox. It's doesn't bother me. What is really odd is that the summaries of the topics in the main topics list truly seem to have a mind of their own. Sentences from one paragraph are moved to the beginning of the next paragraph. There is a clear break between paragraphs, but it seems to reformat the original content. My last post didn't make a lot of sense with sentences shifted to other paragraphs.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    As for me, i havent yet understood how to make beautiful cutted paragraphs, but i believe in chrome, and hasnt jah merciful been withus and gifted us wih our wonderful internet forum community? A platform that is an imagination of the new world, In any case, shouldnt we be thankful to him too and simon as his steward
  • Simon
    Simon
    What is really odd is that the summaries of the topics in the main topics list truly seem to have a mind of their own

It's meant to be a quick summary of a topic and extracts what it thinks are the most important sentences. For longer topics it works well but can get things wrong and depends on people's writing style.

According to this page, it should perhaps be changed to

Thanks, that's pretty much the source I used - I should check the CSS minifier / auto-prefixer part of the build isn't breaking it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheWonderofYou - "...hasnt jah merciful been withus and gifted us wih our wonderful internet forum community? A platform that is an imagination of the new world, In any case, shouldnt we be thankful to him too and simon as his steward."

LOL!!!

• titch
    titch

The strange phenomenon has been happening to me, and I use Mozilla Firefox. But, my brain just adapts to the situation, and puts the words together. Oh, well. I suppose there are "bigger things" to be annoyed at, aren't there? Best Regards, all

Titch

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m having that problem with IE and I am also having a lot of trouble with chrome now , when I try to open a post it fails to do so and goes straight to related topics .very frustrating..

smiddy

• Simon
    Simon

I removed the "break-all" option which I think was causing the unnecessary breaks in the middle of words instead of wrapping them.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit