"We wouldn't know the truth"

by RunningMan 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onacruse
    onacruse

Nathan, thanks. That one statement:

*** w86 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

reminded me that just the year before the WTS had changed the baptismal vows to include:

*** w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication ***

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

How slyly they mold simple Bible-based Christianity into twisted WTS-based Conformity.

Craig

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thanks Running Man!

I asked onacruse about the list that Nathan Natas referenced.......thanks Nathan Natas! We looked through all the 1989 WT for it.......LOL I was glad to have it for reference.

This is really a great list one I've bookedmarked for my own reference I appricate your efforts in researching it and posting it Running Man.

tyydyy, I also think the Jdubs still celebrate birthdays with the baby showers given for almost every baby born in the Congo. Okay so it's just the ONE birthday but a celebration never the less.

Katie

• metatron
    metatron

We got the names of the days of the week from pagans ( Thors-day, etc.)

We got the names of the months from pagans ( August -us, etc)

We got algebra from heathens

We got the system of counting time from pagans ( based on 60)

We got the whole number system from pagans.

We got Christian doctrines or terms from pagans - like "Tartarus" ( where rebels against Zeus were put) or Sacred Secret ( a term

taken from ancient 'mystery' religions).

metatron

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sorry but algebra was devised by Muslim scholars, who, by the way, taught many Christians how to read, write and cipher. I'm not a Muslim, but calling them "heathens" is incorrect.

carmel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day RunningMan,

You make a very good point and thanks for your list. The expression "You wouldn't know the truth" is often used by the R&F downunder too. I've even heard it from the lips of at least one of our posters!!

Your list should help anyone see that really there is not much that has been learned and is now retained in our our own belief systems. Well, except maybe from a knowledge of where the books of the Bible are!!!

An exiting Dub has much to unlearn, that's the reality. Very little of what was learned is retained by an individual becoming really "free". True are the words about learning the truth about "The Troof".

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit