Questions Directed Towards: YOU (ex-JW)

by RAYZORBLADE 34 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

1. How long were you a Jehovah's Witness? Technically 27 years (my entire life). I've been inactive since I was 20.

2. Were you raised in it or become a JW later on in life? Raised

3. Were you contacted via the door-to-door ministry? Nope

4. Initially, what intrigued or drew you to the Jehovah's Witnesses then? I was afraid of dying in armageddon. And I wanted to make my parents happy.

5. When were you baptized? Or if you weren't, mention that if you wish. 1990

6. When did you start having doubts? Right after I was babtized.

7. What else perhaps contributed to your leaving? Getting married and moving out my parents house.

8. When were you disfellowshipped/disassociated? Haven't been

9. Have you ever been reinstated? n/a

10. Did you attempt to contact or have spoken with other active-JWs when you were DF/DA'd? n/a

11. Have you ever protested/picketted a JW assembly/convention? Nope and never will.

12. Do you miss being a Jehovah's Witness? I miss my neices and nephews. I don't get to see them much unless I go to a meeting.

13. Do you still have family that are active JWs? Yes all of them.

14. Do you believe in god/God etc.? Yes

15. Are you politically active or have voted? Nope

16. Would you say you have become more tolerant or open-minded generally speaking since you left? Definately

17. Do you think that the WTBTS will crumble? Nope

18. If you could say anything to the WTBTS and be listened to, what would you like to say? Absolutley Nothing

19. What has helped you to cope, post-JW? My Husband and this forum.

20. Anything else you'd like to say/add? Nope

• Brummie
    Brummie

1. How long were you a Jehovah's Witness?

Studied from age 7 (though I was of the 3rd generation class, now 4 generations of JWs on my moms side of family), my dad never became a JW so childhood was a mixed life. I made "the truth my own" after I left school"... disassociated at age 27-28.

2. Were you raised in it or become a JW later on in life?

See answer above.

3. Were you contacted via the door-to-door ministry? Sorta, my mom wasnt doing a very good job of raising us in it so someone who called on us as a first call began studying with us kids.

4. Initially, what intrigued or drew you to the Jehovah's Witnesses then? God knows, probably never having known anything else!

5. When were you baptized? Or if you weren't, mention that if you wish. Early 80s.

6. When did you start having doubts? around 1987ish full blown doubts 89-90

7. What else perhaps contributed to your leaving? Researching the WT history in the KH Library and reading the KIT. Elder cruelty against others.

8. When were you disfellowshipped/disassociated? see question 1.

9. Have you ever been reinstated? NO WAY! I left knowing it wasnt the truth, wouldnt want to be reinstated.

10. Did you attempt to contact or have spoken with other active-JWs when you were DF/DA'd? I attempted to have contact with family but couldnt. Also helped a few JWs leave in the last couple of years including mom...so we are all in touch and its a blast!

11. Have you ever protested/picketted a JW assembly/convention? No.

12. Do you miss being a Jehovah's Witness? NO

13. Do you still have family that are active JWs? Yes

14. Do you believe in god/God etc.? Yes

15. Are you politically active or have voted? NO (but probably will one day when I can fathom it all out)

16. Would you say you have become more tolerant or open-minded generally speaking since you left? Fer sure

17. Do you think that the WTBTS will crumble? hmmm, its not invincible so maybe.

18. If you could say anything to the WTBTS and be listened to, what would you like to say? Thanks, you held me emotionally and spiritually hostage and that nearly killed me!

19. What has helped you to cope, post-JW? Faith, knowing Christ, and the exjw circle of freinds.

20. Anything else you'd like to say/add? grrrrrr...but I am not bitter in any way, just human trying to deal with all the after effects.

Brummie

• flower
    flower

1. How long were you a Jehovah's Witness?

From birth till I was disfellowshiped at 27 years old.

2. Were you raised in it or become a JW later on in life?

born and raised

5. When were you baptized? Or if you weren't, mention that if you wish.

Baptized at age 17 i think

6. When did you start having doubts?

Not until I left. I always blamed myself for the problems I had in the religion

7. What else perhaps contributed to your leaving?

The hypocrisy disgusted me

8. When were you disfellowshipped/disassociated?

2001 i think

9. Have you ever been reinstated?

Nope. I tried to get reinstated for a while before I regained control of my common sense .

10. Did you attempt to contact or have spoken with other active-JWs when you were DF/DA'd?

Only my family

11. Have you ever protested/picketted a JW assembly/convention?

No but that would be fun

12. Do you miss being a Jehovah's Witness?

Hell no

13. Do you still have family that are active JWs?

yes, both my parents all of my 3 sisters, and two brothers, aunt, uncle

14. Do you believe in god/God etc.?

I dont know if there is a god but if there is i dont think he/she/it has any interest in what is going on here on earth

15. Are you politically active or have voted?

no i am not yet registered to vote

16. Would you say you have become more tolerant or open-minded generally speaking since you left?

yes i am so much more tolerant and empathetic

17. Do you think that the WTBTS will crumble?

i sure hope so

18. If you could say anything to the WTBTS and be listened to, what would you like to say?

i just cant believe how you hurt people. i hope one day you understand the damage you do to people. in the meantime go f yourselves

19. What has helped you to cope, post-JW?

this board. my friends. my honey

• rocketman
    rocketman

flower: "in the meantime, go f yourselves".....good one....I am right now picturing the GB, dildos in hand....oh god, that's an awful visual.

• Soledad
    Soledad

1. How long were you a Jehovah's Witness? 22 years, baptized for 10 years

2. Were you raised in it or become a JW later on in life? definitely raised in it

3. Were you contacted via the door-to-door ministry? no

4. Initially, what intrigued or drew you to the Jehovah's Witnesses then? had no choice really

5. When were you baptized? Or if you weren't, mention that if you wish. 1988

6. When did you start having doubts? the earliest doubts started around 1993 and continued off an on for about 4 years, especially after the change in policy re: generation of 1914

7. What else perhaps contributed to your leaving? I yearned for a "real life"; I wasn't afraid anymore of "the world" so I decided that it was time to let myself go. Also, I had suffered from major depression all those years, and I knew that it was related to being a JW. No doubt that as soon as I left I never felt depressed again!

8. When were you disfellowshipped/disassociated? 1998

9. Have you ever been reinstated? no

10. Did you attempt to contact or have spoken with other active-JWs when you were DF/DA'd? yes absolutely I had met a former elder in my area and we had some great conversations for a while before he moved away.

11. Have you ever protested/picketted a JW assembly/convention? no but I would love to!

12. Do you miss being a Jehovah's Witness? heeeeeelllll no!

13. Do you still have family that are active JWs? just my mother, her sister and one cousin

14. Do you believe in god/God etc.? yes

15. Are you politically active or have voted? yes

16. Would you say you have become more tolerant or open-minded generally speaking since you left? absolutely

17. Do you think that the WTBTS will crumble? I think that the WT will assimilate more into mainstream society--they'll eventually lift the blood ban, they won't df people, basically, they'll let their members do what they want so as to not keep drawing more negative attention to themselves. the WT is all about appearances.

18. If you could say anything to the WTBTS and be listened to, what would you like to say? I would tell them to come clean, publicly admit to their wrongdoings, ask for forgiveness and agree to release their r&f members from bondage.

19. What has helped you to cope, post-JW? discussion boards such as this one

20. Anything else you'd like to say/add? no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit