2015. Annual meeting

by obarac 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD: I can't think of any water baptisms mentioned after Jesus' baptism.

Ethiopian eunuch. - Acts 8:36, 38:

• Now as they were going along the road, they came to a body of water, and the eunuch said: “Look! Here is water; what prevents me from getting baptized?” ... With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Was the reduced printing of the WT and AW mentioned? And that they would have no dates printed on them?
  • titch
    titch

Oubilette: The only things that my niece mentioned, is that it had been announced at the Annual Meeting, and a "sample" of the new meeting had been viewed on the jw.org.tv site. Perhaps she had heard it from someone who attended the Annual Meeting today. I don't really know. Best Regards

Titch

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    Maybe I missed the answer, but I haven't seen what the changes regarding Ezekiel are. Has the meaning of the mark changed?
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

WTH has happened to this religion? That “sample meeting video” is truly lame. This will bore people just as much as the old style mid-week meeting. People will “zone out” just as quickly as before as they look at their corny artwork in the workbook. Videos seem to inundate the program during each month, a good time to catch some z’s. I’m shocked at how weak in substance the meetings have become since I became inactive over five years ago. Imagine bringing a neighbour or a study to something as underwhelming as this? This is the best they can come up with to rejuvenate interest in meetings? Again WTH has happened to this religion?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Titch, how did your niece find out about the changes? I know they're up on jw.org, but the letter informing the elders wasn't released until 3pm today and won't be read to the congregations until tomorrow!

True, but the letter was released here on this site on 24th September!!!!

George

• mrquik
    mrquik

Three new "Kingdom Songs".........

"Get Your Hand Out of My Ass"

"Don't Wake Me During Meetings"

"Literature Trolley Blues"

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Does the AGM continue today ?

Must say it has not been all that exciting this year ! More like a case of ED imho !

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Data-Dog,

You posed a question regarding "water baptism". First, it is not impossible that John belonged to a stict sect similar to the Essenes, where water purification played a part. But in answer to your question:

Jesus baptized -- John 3:26.

Doug

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So basically, the AGM only confirmed all the leaked information we already heard about here over the last week then?

So is the "apostate chariot" moving faster that the official chariot??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit