2015. Annual meeting

by obarac 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    what is new about Ezekiel prophecies????
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    MuddyWaters: I love this!! Thank you for for posting this photo -- and thanks to Orphan Crow here, I love examining the Society's pictures now --......

Cool. According to the leaked letter, the artwork in the new "workbooks"/coloring books has a prominent role. Examining the artwork in the workbook is part of the new meeting format.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/475800002/latest-leaked-boe-letter-elders-oct-4th

In connection with this change, Our Kingdom Ministry is being replaced by a new four-color, eight-page monthly publication entitled Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook (mwb). This publication is intended for Jehovah’s Witnesses and for those who regularly attend our meetings. It outlines the weekly meeting schedule and features artwork designed to make your personal reading of the Bible more meaningful. It is a workbook that prompts you to make personal notes.
    Thereafter, the chairman will introduce the first section of the meeting, called Treasures From God’s Word. The first part in this section will be a ten-minute talk based on the weekly Bible reading and artwork from the work- book.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is a huge difference between "what does the bible teach?", and "what CAN it teach?

It CAN teach quite an array of doctrine, depending on the cult.

DD

• blondie
    blondie

*** w08 7/15 pp. 5-6 The House-to-House Ministry—Why Important Now? ***

Marking People for Survival

10 The importance of the house-to-house ministry can be seen from a vision given to the prophet Ezekiel. In that vision, Ezekiel sees six men with weapons in their hands as well as a seventh man clothed in linen with a secretary’s inkhorn at his side. The seventh man is told to “pass through the midst of the city” and “put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.” Following that marking work, the six men with the slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark.—Read Ezekiel 9:1-6.

11 We understand that in the fulfillment of this prophecy, the man “clothed in linen” represents the remnant of spirit-anointed Christians. By means of the preaching and disciple-making work, the anointed class puts a symbolic mark on those who become part of Christ’s “other sheep.” (John 10:16) What is the mark? It is the evidence, as if displayed on their uncovered foreheads, that such sheep are dedicated, baptized disciples of Jesus Christ and that they have put on the Christlike new personality. (Eph. 4:20-24) These sheeplike ones become one flock with anointed Christians and assist them in their vital work of marking still others.—Rev. 22:17.

*** w07 7/1 p. 13 par. 7 Highlights From the Book of Ezekiel—I ***

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark—the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality—is essential for surviving the “great tribulation.” (Matthew 24:21) Anointed Christians, represented by the man with the secretary’s inkhorn, are taking the lead in doing the marking work, that is, the Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making work. If we want to retain our mark, we must zealously help them in this work.

*** w89 1/15 p. 20 par. 20 How Baptism Can Save Us ***

By our works, we can show that “we belong to Jehovah.” Why, salvation depends on working faithfully as his dedicated slaves! (Romans 6:20-23; 14:7, 8) In ancient times, slaves were often marked on the forehead. By the preaching work today, the antitypical ‘man clothed in linen’—the remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers—is ‘marking’ those who will survive the end of this system. In this work the anointed are assisted by their associates, the “other sheep.” (Ezekiel 9:1-7; John 10:16) And what is the “mark”? It is the evidence that we are dedicated to Jehovah and are Jesus’ baptized disciples who have a Christlike personality.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thanks, Blondie. That makes sense now.

Methinks I need to get an inkhorn.

;p

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Kingdom Melody #144 has been replaced by the newly adjusted melody sung to the tune of "The 12 Days of Christmas", here's an sampling:

"On the first day of lay-offs my true lord gave to me,

a job in the commissary, (need-greaters may add, "a part in the next assembly").

On the second day of lay-offs my true lord gave to me,

Two-Witness Rule, and a job in the commissary.

On the third day of lay-offs my true lord gave to me,

Three square meals, two-witness rule and a job in the commissary.

On the fourth day of lay-offs my true lord gave to me,

Four single sisters, three square meals, two-witness rule,

and a job in the commissary.

On the fifth day of lay-offs my true lord gave to me,

Five Golden Rules, four single sisters, three square meals, two-witness rule, and a job in the commissary."

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

The video to be shown at the meeting has leaked, in Spanish. https://youtu.be/3P7B3zV3Vco

Does anyone have nwton_E.mp4 ? I know the majority of it is the Introduction to Matthew video, but I'd like this version too.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The baptism argument is watchtarded. Is there one scripture that speaks of "baptism" as practiced by JWs? It seems that water baptism, as performed by John the Baptist, came to an end. I can't think of any water baptisms mentioned after Jesus' baptism.

Xians were baptized with Holy Spirit, starting with the events of Pentacost 33 C.E. This cannot be taught in JWism, as it would eliminate the separation between the "anointed" and the rank and file.

Am I wrong?

DD

• titch
    titch

Interesting thing happened, for me, this evening on Facebook. One of my nieces, who is still very much "in" the borg, posted on her timeline, about the changes, as announced at the Annual Meeting. (And, viewed on jw.org television) Of course, I had read the numerous threads about this here on JWC all last week. Now, my niece has absolutely no idea that I read this site, and have been for the past 11 years. I was almost tempted to comment to her, "Yep, I heard about this, from anonymous, undisclosed sources, recently." But, if I did that, she'd begin to wonder, I wonder where he heard about it? What are his anonymous sources? So, I just left it alone. Best Regards, all!

Titch

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Titch, how did your niece find out about the changes? I know they're up on jw.org, but the letter informing the elders wasn't released until 3pm today and won't be read to the congregations until tomorrow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit