When is the memorial this year?

by NaruNaruChan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Anybody know? And if you're disfellowshipped you can't attend, right?

• borgfree
    borgfree

Yes, you can attend if you are disfellowshipped. You just need to come late, don't talk to anyone, leave early.

Sorry, I do not know the date, Easter is April 20 this year, so I assume memorial will be near that date.

Full Moon on 16 April 2003 at 3:37 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

I would think, by the full moon, that memorial would be the evening of April 16.

Borgfree

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

The Memorial will be held on April 16th.

• JH
    JH

A few years ago the memorial was 1 day after the full moon, and I asked an elder why this was. He said it had to be a full moon over Israel...

Did anyone know that?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

If it's April 16, can we look forward to the young men in suits and flashlights going on their once a year power trips so they can direct traffic in the parking lot...I think I'll drive into my nearest KH and attempt to disrupt their proceedings - lol.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I recommend anyone who wants to --do a search for a hebrew calendar online. the last time I did it I found out JWs only celebrated the Memorial on Nisan 14 like twice in 10 yrs! And they always have some dumb excuse. But then again why be surprised? we all know what the Borg does with dates!

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

incidentally my father not only attended when he was disfellowshipped--he partook. and it is not a rule you have to go late and leave early. It is a public meeting. anyone can go. JW or not. you can't disrupt it. But you can attend just like anyone else(question is : WHY?)

Ravyn --who would rather go on an egg hunt at the catholic church--plus they have better tasting wine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit