What is your purpose or what do you wish to accomplish while a member of this board?

by Tenacious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm not trying to actually accomplish anything or have a "purpose" here...

...but I have had lurkers PM me once or twice to tell me that my posts (deconstructing WT ideology) helped them out, so that's partly why I stay... in addition to the fact that this place is where I find the people I relate to the most.

Plus, it's the only real outlet I got for my f**ked-up sense of humor.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    My two reasons for being here are to keep up with the latest craziness in Dubland, a.k.a LaLa land, and to be of help to others if I can.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I am here for three reasons, get support, give support, and keep up to date with changes.

Kate xx

• careful
    careful

While some of what is posted is erroneous and/or sheer conjecture that is ultimately shown to be wrong, there is much accurate info here, stuff certainly NOT available from the WTS. Years ago there were some fine "heavy" posters here (Narkissos, slimboyfat, Leolia), and that sort of heavy, accurate research is no longer current here, though it's always available by searching since it's kept on the server.

committeechairman once said that he came here b/c official WT info is available here before the local elders get from "mother." So beside the shoulders to cry on, comrades to vent to, and so on, just from an info perspective, this site has great value.

• done4good
    done4good

I have been on here over 9 years, not long after leaving the JWs. It started out as mostly a place to have my thoughts validated. I had already read CoC by that time, and Timothy Campbell's Beyond JW site by then.

I would have varying degrees of input over the next 3 years or so, with little contribution between 2009-2013. Last year, a very hurtful personal event brought me back, as I really needed to cathartically express my thoughts about the situation, and still do from time to time. I am also concerned with what goes on in JWdom for the sake of two people I still dearly love.

I now try to help others to the degree my small amount of insight might be beneficial to them.

d4g

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I came here to see if I was going insane. I was. Then I found out that there were equally insanely funny people here, clever people, hurt people......and so on.

Then I realised it was a very safe place to tell it like it really is. No one was going to censor me for caring.

Support, some new friends and interesting posts..........I could go on. I hope to help someone out, perhaps quite a few in time.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

careful wrote:

committeechairman once said that he came here b/c official WT info is available here before the local elders get from "mother." So beside the shoulders to cry on, comrades to vent to, and so on, just from an info perspective, this site has great value.

This is actually how I stumbled upon the site the very first time back some 10, 11 years ago. Reason was I had found out that the elders had a secret handbook. And that set off the very first inkling of curious doubts. Then the floodgates opened up when I started reading posts on here.

When I first found out about all the discrepancies and scripture twisting I was in complete shock. When I verified everything I was reading on here I became depressed.

Today, I feel a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders in that I no longer allow the WTS make me feel as if I have to do works in order to be saved. I also do not recognized ANY human authority. I'm more or less, biding my time until I make a complete exit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit