Hackers & DOS Freaks Waging War...

by Valis 12 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis

I thought this was interesting...one does wonder to what extent the electronic part of the war is going on and how it might make for a kick ass movie.. A lot of the stuff they call hacking now isn't really hacking at all...DOS or denail of service attacks has been made very easy and if you can install it and punch in the URL or IP then viola...you have the means to cause the server to bog down cuz it has to take all these small/illigical requests for service...eventually it gets overwhelmed and crash or at least very very slow response is bound to happen...Just thought a couple of these articles were worth looking at and interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9901/13/cyberwar.idg/

http://dvd.idg.net/english/crd_document_965733.html

http://www.globalprofile.co.uk/46

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

It's a crime. Those responsible should be prosecuted.

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO. The hackers have finally done something worth while .

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, god knows we don't want to hear anyone else's opinions but our own ...

Wonder why so many tune into Al Jazeera TV? It is because they have a reputation for broadcasting the unadulterated news without the spin of politicians and they have unique access to people on both sides of the conflict. It is not pretty but they show it like it is. Want to know why so many Arab citizens hate Americans? Watch Al Jazeera and imagine you are watching CNN and seeing things being done to Americans ... how would you feel?

Before you condemn them ... remember that many of your own generals and such have given interviews and they were offered positions as "embedded" journalists

• heathen
    heathen

Oh yes I can't wait to visit the site and see how many times they refer to the US as the great satan.

• Valis
    Valis

It really isn't about what they say Heathen on the Aljezeera site or any other , miss ya BTW, but more about people doing illegal things they think are patriotic. More than this though I wonder about what the millitary and other US agencies are doing in the information part of the war.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• heathen
    heathen

Well all I can say is that the whole war is illegal .I hate the hackers as much as any other person who thinks the internet rules should be honored. For all we know it was the pentagon hacking and I couldn't imagine getting fair and unbiased news from the Iraqi media.They could even be putting some hidden messages about jihad or something on the site and with the new patriot act passed in the US I'm sure it was a part of intelligence sabotage . The al jezeera where showing pictures of the US prisoners being executed from what I've seen on the news .

• Valis
    Valis

Some more stuff on this subject..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Zep
    Zep

Al jazeera cant win. They get condemned by the US. They also get condemned by every arab government in the region.

I cant understand why the US hates them so much. Because they show pictures of dead people and the realities of war. Because they dont tow the US line and sanitise things a little. Pathetic

Al-jazeera got a lot heat once for daring to question the Koran. And the US has it in for them. Weird!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

This is the reason I don't run a Microsoft server. ;) I have rules setup on my Apache server, that causes the dos attacks to re-direct to 127.0.0.1, basically themselves. It's amazing, my error logs have been vastly reduced. I have a nastier rule, that's illegal, so I haven't tested it. it would redirect the compromised machine at itself, and basically go in through the same hole, that the worm was introduced in, and shut the machine down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit