November 2015 Awake

by username 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Blondie,

You would be very surprised how the Masonic organizations are not as secretive as you are led to believe. To become a member is very easy. And we do not approach you, you must have a desire to become a member.

Meetings are closed unless you are a member and our financial records are not revealed to the general public BUT at the annual meeting the budget comes up for a vote of the ENTIRE membership. All of our money comes from dues and donations and is spent on maintaining the buildings and all of the charities.

The majority of the charities are based on children. The largest being The Shriner's Hospitals.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

CultBgone, I am sure the way they see it now is no involvement with the Masonic community because the entire time I was seeing the "Elder " I was getting "you need to give up your involvement in the masonic community blah, blah, blah" .... "the way I read the bible. ...." And of course it was going in one ear and out the other, it just made me get more involved.

• leaving_quietly
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I read somewhere that the masons don't believe in Jesus because they know of the pagan origins of this God. Thomas Jefferson wrote a bible leaving out anything to do with Jesus. If this is true about the masons maybe this is why the JW's don't like e to mention Jesus much.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There are so many tangible things that are wrong with this cult and their publications that it always irks me a bit when people harp on thin coincidences found in pictures in the publications like some kind of conspiracy theorist. Gives exJWs a bad rap, I think.

Pictures of kids being killed with their puppy at Armageddon are one thing, but scouring the internet to find a 'similar' picture as what was used in a publication and then claiming a connection is a big stretch to me.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Jefferson was not a mason. And he simply removed all the supernatural/miracle stories from the New Testament. Jefferson was pretty much a skeptic; deist at most.

Freemasons are not satan worshipping reptiles. It's easy to malign them and sexy to extrapolate NWO conspiracies. Beyond that, it's tempting to look for connections between masons and WTBS. But the real focus should be the harm done by modern day WT policies. Daydreaming about what "appears to be" can actually look a bit looney & paranoid.

"appears to be" or "is consistent with" do not equal "is evidence of."

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hmmm...I thought the only thing of interest was the shared use of the cross and crown symbol. Just seems odd that it was so prominently displayed on the literature. I didn't see anyone accusing the masons of worshipping serpents, did I miss something in this thread?

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    CultBgone, just a personal thing with me. I am and have been involved with the Masonic community for over 40 years, it is not a religion. It is very much a charity organization and the "Elder " just was all over my case how he found it wrong. We just do so much for kids and treat kids so differently then the JWS.
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    The top photo is a photo of a Baptist Church.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Is this a stock photo the WT have used or is it bethelites playing dress-ups in a real church?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit