What does the Watchtower say about using CBD Oil?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Just wondering.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Someone recommended to me about using THC Free CBD oil from www.hempworks.com

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Not commenting on the WT, but best if you find whole cannabis that has high CBD content. CBD is tremendous, but the research suggests that whole plant is more effective medicine than extracts. Stacked with other cannabinoids like CBG and added medical value of terpenes, although still not fully understood it does seem the best way to go.

• Simon
    Simon
    They seem to only mention Cannabis as containing THC and used to get "high" and don't have any clear statement on CBD oil for purely medical reasons.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If i recall correctly they very recently (last three months) came out with direction on medical marijuana. Its acceptable under the same general guidlines as other narcotics, but not recreationally. There was a letter shared on the forum.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

More stoned Jehovah's Witnesses (altered consciousness ) the more the tendency to think unprogrammed thought patterns ie-> the more out of the box thinking, bye, bye cult.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    You dont have to smoke CBD or smoke THC. So if the org wants to get technical they better do their research.
  • Old Navy
    Old Navy

As an old decrepit with numerous sports injuries from youth and several Naval service related injuries I cannot speak sufficiently in support of the ability of Cannabis Oil (CBD+THC) to relieve muscular/joint pain! All without the serious problems associated with Opioids.

A few drops in the morning and a few more before bedtime it all it takes. The result of increased pain-free mobility and restored function has been almost miraculous. I can well understand Big Pharma's campaign against low cost widespread availability of Cannabis products.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I take CBD every day and without it my life is severely limited. I take it in oil form twice a day and vape it if I need a boost.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS condemns other methods of taking in tobacco (snuff and chewing), coca leaves--chewing; and betel nuts (chewing), the last 2 from other cultural areas. This was in the 1973 WT. I understood that CBD oil does not have THC in it and is legal in many states.

https://echoconnection.org/cbd-oil-products-100-thc-free/

The reason the WTS condemns the above 3 items (1st paragraph) is that they are spiritistic (not unhealthy).

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1973403?q=tobacco+spiritism&p=par#h=9

As has been explained in other issues of this magazine, the Greek word phar·ma·kiʹa used by Bible writers and translated “practice of spiritism” or “spiritistic practices” has the initial meaning of “druggery.” (Gal. 5:20; Rev. 9:21) The term came to refer to spiritistic practices because of the close connection between the use of drugs and spiritism. Tobacco was also used initially by the American Indians in this way. It can properly be placed, therefore, in the category of addictive drugs like those that provided the source for the Greek term phar·ma·kiʹa. The nicotine in tobacco does not have the same mental and emotional effects produced by “hard” drugs such as heroin or the so-called psychedelic drugs like LSD; yet nicotine addiction does definitely affect the mind and exercises a strong enslavement.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1972725#h=17:0-20:366

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit