Bad memories

by JW72 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Ya know, I have a wordly friend here in Fresno who drives me crazy, because she is such a holy roller she will put JWs to shame.

She called me Sunday night to tell me her 11 year old daughter went out 'to evangelise.' I wanted to freakin' barf.

I kind of flipped my lid and asked her what the hell was she doing, letting her 11 year old piss ass kid go tell adults 'how to worship God.'

I reminded her that her daughter has been suspended from school 6 times this year alone for poor behavior.

But like most JW parents, she sees what she wants. I told her she will pay for it later. No kid willingly goes preaching unless that's something that the freaking parents have drilled into their heads.

Now, instead of bad memories, I think about how foolish people must've thought we were; just kids going around telling them what God finds acceptable.

Makes me sick.

• JanH
    JanH

Ginny,

Thanks for sharing this story. Been there, done that, even though I never had such a horrifying experience.

Have anyone told you that you are a brilliant writer? Tell me when you write a novel (or any book). I will read it, eagerly!

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• JW72
    JW72

Hi, I did start this post, I don't mind that others are mentioned, but it seems that just coz I don't write as poetically as Ginny, no-one pays any attention.

Sorry for my childish huff :(

Chris

P.S No disrespect to Ginny, awful experience u had :(

P.P.S sorry again

• waiting
    waiting

hey pookie,

it seems that just coz I don't write as poetically as Ginny, no-one pays any attention.

know whatcha mean. us regulars joes have a hard time. does this constitute a bad memory kinda thing?

waiting

• COMF
    COMF

Oh, dear. I'm afraid that tale from the third world smells of bullshit. Amazing, isn't it: a man who died in secret in a prison compound without ever being heard from... yet all those minute details of his last days somehow leaked out and got to the speaker.

It is said

One of the society's favorite constructions. "It was thought... it was believed... it is to be regretted..."

Who said, please?

COMF

• waiting
    waiting

Hey COMF,

Are you referring to m2u's account? He posted it on H20 also, along with his childhood account. Are you saying that he and it are frauds? Care to back that up? In his time on our board and at H20, I never read of anyone challenging his authenticity - is it something I've missed? If so, please present evidence?

I remember his posting it. He's a strange man - in a major university now, according to him. I've never seen him challenged, so I've taken his word for it.

The reason I posted it was because of the use of the phrase "Worst child abuse." There's all kinds of abuses of a child, hard to define the term "worst." Along with intimidation & humiliation at school and home - there is the physical abuse. The mental abuse of seeing your friends' harmed. All in the name God.

Ok, if you question the physical, mental abuse of m2u & his friends in a foreign country, how about me and Indiana?

Sorry to bring me & my beloved dad into this - but when I started studying with the jw's, I was 18, single, still living at home. My boyfriend at the time had been raised a jw by his grandparents (who received him from his dyke mother who just couldn't live as a jw and still wear a sock in her pants and wear a butch haircut). Anyhow, my dad didn't think much of my boyfriend, his dyke mother, my new found religion - nor of me going against his authority in his own house.

Due to having a problem with my use of memory, sometimes I would wake up in the morning with the strangest happenings on my body. Bruises & whipping slashes that didn't hurt - had no idea where they came from. I'd just cover them up till they disappeared. Thus, one morning, I woke up and saw my left leg was covered with long slash-like bruises from my knee to my waist, all on the side. Looked like someone had spilt blue ink on my thigh. Didn't hurt, had no idea where they came from. Another thing to hide and not think about, which is what I did.

Decades later, I finally began to think about some things and I told my therepist about waking up to the incredible bruises. She asked if my dad ever beat me. No, just spanked us kids with his 2 inch wide belt after he made us strip down to our panties or less. Oh, and the buckle, if we really needed it. That was his favorite threat. My perception of a spanking differed from her perception of a beating.

Anyway, no big deal, but after going home, I remembered how the bruises, this time, originated. When no one else was home, my dad had me strip down and then beat me while I curled up on the floor with his favorite belt where the bruises couldn't be seen by anyone else. My crime? My jw boyfriend and learning about something he disapproved of.

When m2u posted both of his accounts, I could relate immediately, and posted back to him. And I know by some of the e-mails I receive, there are others like us - the ones who were beaten because we happened to be raised by jw's or had the audacity to learn about the jw's.

It's not really the jw's fault, imho. It's the beater's fault. Any excuse will do if so inclined.

As for m2u, if you question his accounts, guess you'll have to take it up with him if he comes back to the board this year during his summer break from the university.

Don't mean to shock any of the persons on this board about speaking of such "unpleasantness". But this thread is about jw's, about children, about bad memories, and child abuse and my father were brought up - and not by me. And there are more people here that have similiar backgrounds like myself, I know - we've e-mailed.

waiting

• COMF
    COMF

Waiting, I am not doubting your sincerity in telling the story; nor do I doubt that you believe it to be true. It is the nature of the story itself that calls it into question: the utter secrecy, the inability to reveal any details for fear of being found out (even though he has been living in the USA for years now), and particularly the detailed knowledge of events that were kept secret for years until confided to a priest by someone on his deathbed who played a bit part in the scenario. Uh... (cough) I don't think so. Believe if you will; it sets off too many alarms in my baloney detector.

As for taking it up with M2U, I have no reason to do so. It isn't important to me whether the veracity of the story is established or not. If M2U wants to respond, he's welcome to do so. I simply presented my impression of the story, for what it's worth.

One difference between that story and yours is that yours is first person. This one is "Somebody said... rumor was that... it was said that...". All that intense detail from a story that somebody said somebody said somebody said somebody said... complete with a scene stolen from "Cool Hand Luke" (digging holes and filling them up again). Nope... it's too much for me to swallow. Not that that matters to anyone; I just thought I'd mention it.

COMF

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings all,
    Hiyas Capt :>
    I well remember the post in question. And since this has been brought up,I have to admit,my skeptical alarm also went off when I read it. I didn't challenge it at that time because it sounded wayyy too much like an extremely melodramatic, elaborate urban legend kinda story. I still think that. Way too much detail for supposedly secret covered up stuff.
    Just throwing in my 2 cents,hugs,T

• mommy
    mommy

Oh Comf,
    I loved Cool hand Luke!
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit