JW'S HAVEN'T CORNERED THE MARKET ON ARROGANCE

by outnfree 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outnfree
    outnfree

Here's an interesting article which shows the arrogance of certain evangelical Christian groups who will certainly (IMO) exacerbate poor relations between America and the Iraqis post war

http://www.beliefnet.com/frameset.asp?pageLoc=/story/123/story_12365_1.html&storyID=12365&boardID=55473

An excerpt:

Graham didn’t seem concerned that the public presence in Iraq of Samaritan’s Purse—which has put out a press release about its activities—could prompt already-skeptical Muslims worldwide to view the war as a crusade against Islam. “We would not go in and participate in something that would embarrass our administration,” he said. But he added, “We don’t work for the U.S. Government, so we don’t get our permission from them.”

Shades of the Watchtower??

outnfree

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

YES WE HAVE, WE ARE THE BEST, HOW DARE YOU UNDERMINE THE AUTHORITY OF FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE...WE SPEAK FOR THE ALMIGHTY SO SHOW SOME RESPECT HUMAN...

R

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Realness, I once offered to debate w/ you. Are you still game?

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Is realness really an active JW? If so, I'd like to see a healthy debate.

granny

• Francois
    Francois

Stinky, that's nothing. I have more than once challenged the entire GB and all their lackey lawyers to debate the topic "Jehovah's Witnesses Are A Religious Cult." And guess what? No response. None. Nada. Nyet. Nuffink!

You reckon they be skeered?

francois

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I know (s)he won't take me up on it, but at least this way (s)he can never say that they wanted to prove a point here or "help" anyone see the light.

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

No.................. i was wrong francios has just cornered his own little section!!

How did you challenge them then francios? all at once or individualy?. Did you e mail them or do you know them personally?. If you dont then you cannot have really thought that they would agree to such a debate, why on earth would or should have they accepted a debate from yourselves, what makes you so special that they should debate with you?. Does that make them scared?. I am sure they quaking in their boots in anticipation of your next offer, the wtbs simply does not debate and you knew this so you offered something that would be rejected out of hand and now you can claim they are scared.

A debate would be a good thing but the wtbs like any other organization will not battle unless it is of benefit to itself.

R

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

As you not even going to respond to MY request? Only what Franc said?

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Stinky: Ok if i have too.....sorry i dident see your post...i now have new light and can see it perfectly.......i am 100% commited and willing to debate on this board, however i would rather not get into a structured debate as such, it seems that things get messy when that happens. Also we may start a debate and in the proccess of replying i know that other members will come in with more questions and arguments on the particular subject and i would get bogged down with the sheer volume of material to reply to. I am more than willing to debate, however i cannot promise that the discussion will not get lost in the natural course of the thread as more people jump on me for my comments.

R

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

No problem. I'll start a thread in the debate forum and lay everything out for a personal debate between only the two of us. I'll ask that if someone wants to make a point that it can be made via personal messages that can be added at our discretion. Agreed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit