What's the WORST red you've drunk?

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day ASIF,

I discovered a little import to Canada from OZ called Yellow Tail Shiraz.

What's this about the Yellow Tail Shiraz? Francois asked me about this some time ago, but I've looked and looked and searched and searched bu can't find it. Can you tell me which winery and where it's located? I'm intrigued.

Cheers, Ozzie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Ozzie,

In the 60's and 70's in there was a very popular red table wine pressed and bottled in Canada by Kelowna Winery. It was nauseating and even one glass would result in blinding headaches and vomiting...lol My wife knew the owner of the winery very well and he was at great pains never to drink his own wine - seriously. At every JW get together, you would need to get in extra wine, because everybody bought 'Kelowna'. After all it was cheap, instantaneous, and had a bite in its tail - rather like the religion of its proponents!

Incidentally, we were at dinner with Bert Hardy recently ( Hardy wines ) a very interesting man. I was amazed at the technology involved in bottling with either cork or plastic. He is a great proponent of plastic corks and feels that in a decade all decent wine will be bottled with plastic. Hardy wines do a tremendous ecological work in the USA providing funding for many groups. I was trying to loosen a cheque from him for a group that I do some work for.

Keep the glass tipped and our love to Mrs. Ozzie - HS

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ HS.

The worst Red I've had: I won it last year at a Halloween Party for Worst Costume. It had a label that said "Cheap Red Wine" I shit you not.

I think she bought it at Trader Joe's for $1.79.

Currently, TJ's has a good supply of "Two Buck Chuck" --Charles Shaw Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet and Zinfandel.

I use it to clear clogs in the bathroom drain.

Lisa

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    On a sad note, my all-time favorite winery, Clos du Bois, released this news today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

They were one of my favorites too...this is horrible news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit