Daylight Saving ends tonite in the land of Oz

by ozziepost 16 Replies latest forum announcements

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes, folks, it's the end of summer daylight saving time tonite. So all clocks are to be turned back at 3 am Australian Eastern Standard Time.

What will you do with the extra hour?

Ooohh...think of the possibilities!!

Perhaps an extra hour out witnessing!

Presented as a service to all those posters and lurkers downunder.

Cheers, Ozzie

• dmouse
    dmouse

Yeah? Well here in the UK the clocks go FORWARD one hour tonight!

(I can never work out in my head if that means we lose an hour in reality or gain an hour!)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

what extra hour?

unc who spent half the night chang'n all the clocks. bloody tiny stoopid #^$%'n camera buttons and multifunctional car radios! .. candle light didn't help much! lol

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Up here in North America, Daylight Savings Begins in the wee hours of Sunday morning, April 6th.

Meaning: most places in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Carribean, spring ahead 1 hour ( + 1 hour ).

There are a few places where it remains the same, no going forward or falling back. A good example: Saskatchewan, Canada. They do not follow the daylight savings rule. I think a couple of U.S. states do similarly, but I do not remember which ones.

So, next weekend, around 2:00 a.m. or so, you forward your clock one hour. (North America)

• blackout
    blackout

Ozzie Im gonna use my extra hour to sleep in. Love those long winter mornings. Trouble is there is no time to do anything after work, oh well.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Why do you Aussies and Brits make your time change on a Tuesday? It must play havoc with the work week, no? In the US, it's always on a Saturday night; that way the worst that happens is that you're late (or early) for church.

• dubla
    dubla
    I think a couple of U.S. states do similarly, but I do not remember which ones.

well, i know here in indiana we dont change....actually its only the northern parts of indiana, which really makes no sense. for some reason, they refuse to pick up daylight savings time, so by the end of the summer we cant golf past 6 pm.

aa

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I've never heard a satisfactory reason for Daylight Savings Time (it doesn't save daylight, it just moves it around). Does anybody know of one?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Measuring time is such a truly illusive thing anyway. Trying to "save time" sounds rather foolish. Such as it is, I just wish they'd leave my "inner clock" alone and not try to mess with it by moving those hands of the physical clock to adjust "daylight". Never understood it. Now it will take me a couple weeks to "adjust" myself, and I will go around feeling "not quite right". My natural clock will be "off".

Supposedly, some will say it was done for the farmers, so they'd have more daylight to get the field work done. Not so. I come from a family of farmers, and they NEVER changed their clocks. They hated it and simply refused to go along with it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

.......and it fades the curtains!!

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit