Am I going crazy?

by HappyDad 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

There must be a lot of people sitting around in Bethel trying to become a 'heavy' (heavy means a Bethel or Branch person who actually has some power and influence) making up clever ways to express the banality of congregation positions and WTBTS programs.

We used to say serving where the need was great now it's serving where the need is greater or something else by now.

That's soooo much better and clearer.....dumb.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

S8------

werent they the forms we used to fill out when wasting our time doorknocking ?

• bamse
    bamse
    For us non-americans (US) it is difficult with "wordly" abreviations as well. 
  • blondie
    blondie

Local Design Construction Committee ( LDC)

Happy Dad, I just used the search on JWN and found the above...must be fairly new...the WTS loves bearing past failures with the names. 

• blondie
    blondie
    It's that shibboleth or "sibboleth" thing...the pure language...able to recognize enemies or outsiders
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It's so funny, they have been trying to do away with there beibg one top pit bull elder in each cong since the mid 70''s. They keep changine the title, and stressing, that they are all equal, yet, there is still one pit bull elder in charge per cong!

Dwain 

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ugh, it's a mirror of how bethel was full of acronyms, and it was hard to keep track of the department name changes and the ensuing acronym changes.

All the sisters in the 50's claimed to be AA.......

I used to be a triple A -- Available After Armageddon

Hmmm, come to think of it, I think I'm still a triple A -- Available After Apostasy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit