Just found out their about to baptise my 14 year old boy.

by Crazyguy 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• KateWild
    KateWild

Great update. Fabulous news.

Thanks

Kate xx

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Excellent!

• JWdaughter
  • out4good4
    out4good4

Great Work.....

• Zoos
    Zoos

Good to hear it.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYGUY- VERY great news ! I'm glad your son decided against getting baptized, right freaking on

• oldskool
    oldskool

While I agree that "man up" comments are misguided, the relationship you have with your wife is the crux of your problem.

I will assume you have made an honest effort to communicate your unbelief in the WTS, while at the same time remaining/striving to be a helpful, faithful and loving husband. Same goes for the relationship with your kids.

If your wife hasn't followed your lead after two years, then you must face the reality that she may be lost to you. You need to prepare for this scenario, and your situation as described seems to have progressed far beyond the passive "planting seeds". The lines have been drawn, and sooner or later you are going to find yourself facing some tough decisions. Both your marriage and parental relationships are threatened. It sounds like the local JWs are already many steps ahead of you it terms of framing the narrative.

How often do you do things as a family? Do your kids enjoy your company? Are you engaged in their lives? At this point, the quality of your relationship with your family, outside of WTS stuff, is your strongest ally to keeping them.

The baptism is only a serious commitment within the JW community. It is a social contract with the group. Sure you would like to save your kids the grief of dealing with the groups social pressures, but again, I feel that the quality of your relationship with your family will help you the most against the shallow and disingenuous antics of the local JW congregation your family interacts with.

• oldskool
    oldskool

Just caught the good news after my post. Congrats!

• never a jw
    never a jw

EdenOne's son first and now your son. Absolutely wonderful! The Watchtower can keep all the decrepitude and even add more. Just don't touch our future, let the young ones go free.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Just a strange thought. What would happen if you took your son and baptized him yourself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit