April Fools day gags...

by Brummie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Its pagan right? Anyway, when I was in infant school the teacher told us all that dinosaurs where back and had been spotted on nearby hills...it was an April fool but I didnt know, I was horrified, I sweated for the whole day and when school was over I ran all the way home, you literally couldnt see my butt for dust as I run for safety, drama queen huh.

Anyway I am often reminded of this by people who knew me at that time.

Got any good April fools jokes or had any played on you?

Brummie

• Scully
    Scully

This isn't actually an April Fool's prank, but it could be one.

There is a dry cleaning establishment in our neighbourhood called "Penguin Cleaners". There is a picture of a penguin on the sign. And depending on how you articulate the name of the enterprise, you can make it sound like this is a shop that specializes in cleaning penguins. The signage makes it even more convincing.

My two daughters (ages 11 and 9) are wondering how many people in the neighbourhood own penguins, so that there would be a business devoted specifically to Penguin Cleaning. They are wondering if it's a lucrative business. They are wondering what kind of education you need to be a Penguin Cleaner. They also want to know if people from all over the world send their penguins there to get cleaned.

Love, Scully

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

My daughter and her boyfriend called us the year she turned 17 they were on a date and thought it would be a gas to say that she was pregnant LOL His parents and Thunder almost had a heart attack LOL (I love babies so I was saying hmmmm a baby)

• Celia
    Celia

Not really of pagan origin, go look :

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aprilfools1.html

• Brummie
    Brummie

a business devoted specifically to Penguin Cleaning. They are wondering if it's a lucrative business.

Now THAT is hilarious!

Lol SheilaM, BTW that is a great attitude to have.

Celia thats an interesting link, just been flicking through the links to the hoaxes.

Thanks

Brummie

• nilfun
    nilfun

When I was a kid visiting some of my "worldly" relatives, my dear sweet Uncle replaced the roll of toilet paper with a sheet of sand paper

After that gag, I knew those ungodly people couldn't be all that bad...LoL....

(nilfun, of the "I ain't wiping my butt with that!" class)

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was about 8 and my dad woke us up excitedly, "Girls, hurry up there's a parade of pink elephants flying down the street!!!!" We ran to look out the front windows as small feet could run. Our dad howled with laughter and reminded us, first of all, that elephants couldn't fly. We still remind each other of that one!!! :-)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    the roll of toilet paper with a sheet of sand paper

Arrgghh, lol, too cruel, especially after a curry.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie
    We ran to look out the front windows as small feet could run

Bwahahahaahah, I can imagine the expectation on your little faces.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Scully...........That as to be the best........even if I ear an other........

"Penguin Cleaners".

Bwahhhhhhhh Hah hah ha ha!

Arn't kids great!

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit