SCOTLAND: JW warned court will deliver judgment

by darkspilver 14 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

steve2: Actually, in cases of domestic violence, it is not unusual for the victim to later approach the police and ask that the matter be dropped.

Yes, I can appreciate the huge problem - which is why crofty highlighted what they do in Scotland now. So cases ARE dealt with in a proper fashion.

Interesting though to consider some of the principles that crofty has previously linked to in another thread and how ? ( or even, if ? ) they might apply.

Andy Capp - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35802880

• scotsman
    scotsman

Scotland has also moved on from it being domestic violence to domestic abuse: the accused admits he behaved in a threatening manner.

Not that the reporting appears particularly fulsome.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

U P D A T E !!

The Courier, Thursday 9 March 2017, page 8

Arbroath man who acted aggressively towards his wife sentenced to 180 hours of unpaid work

A 46-year-old man who acted aggressively towards his wife after returning from the pub to their Arbroath home has been sentenced to unpaid work as an alternative to custody.

READ MORE: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/angus-mearns/382855/arbroath-man-who-acted-aggressively-towards-his-wife-sentenced-to-180-hours-of-unpaid-work/

(the 460-word online article is about twice as long as the printed version)

• cha ching
    cha ching

Great idea... not imprisonment, which would put a burden on the tax dollars, but "unpaid work" of 160 hours (reduced from 180 because he he pled guilty) and supervision for 18 months!

The judge also warned him “What I am saying to you very clearly is that this is in effect your third analogous offence and the seriousness is increasing.”

• steve2
    steve2

The judge also warned him “What I am saying to you very clearly is that this is in effect your third analogous offence and the seriousness is increasing.”

Does anyone know whether he is an active in his local congregation - or what the elders' response has been to this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit