GREETINGS IN THE STREET.

by nightwarrior 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HOW TO APPROACH OTHER WITNESESS.

Well where do i start , went into a cafe yesterday with a friend of my sons, just as i pulled up in our jeep,a brother was standing right next to where i steped down from the vehicle, with an amusing larger than life smile on my lips i welcomed this brother,i explained in 2 minutes the actions of the society, involved in armaments and investment companys,pointed out that my name had been slanderd by certain elders , He being a bit of a rebel ,said well i dont get involved really, i keep my head down and basicaly plod on, This is the way brothers serve jehovah scared of rasing there heads scared of passing any judgment against any one within the congregation ,i suddenly felt and saw a young man whom was brought up as a jehovahs witness, tall strong, handsome ,a gift for you ladies,but what was lacking was his soul,something resembling a robbot was speaking to me ,i felt sorry for him his inner person had been crushed beaten and witherd,with only a spark of life left within the poor man,so sad so very sad,yet here am i full of life and vigour,ime free ,i sing ,i dance i laugh i joke but i still love and worship the creator, i drive around with music blaring freom the radio /c/d/ i feel strong and powerfull,i left him swallowing his midday lunch. meet them with a large smile ,wave your arms in recognition they often flee from you but above all be graciouse and positive.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

It's blank? :(

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, "robot" is very much the right word to describe such a person, someone who just wants the "quiet life".

Many witnesses see problems in their organization but still feel it's "the truth" no matter what. It's as if they are in a stupor, waiting to be snapped out of their trance.

I think there is more hope for such ones than the hardcore fanatical types though.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

What a shame, thing is, when you look at someone like that, you think bank and remember that you too were like that, makes you feel miserable, then you think, hang on, look at ME now ! my god, how could I have ever been so repressed like that !

Oh yes I WAS the spring !!!!!

• born againer
    born againer

A friend of our family became befriended by a few JW's, even though she is a 'born again' Christian (by the way, I hate that term-has anyone else ever been called that?). She actually managed to make one of the men that visited her realise that he had devoted his entire life to something that was totally fake and meaningless. However, this poor confused person told her that he could never leave, as he had spent his life converting people, which would leave him with a guilty conscience, and also all his friends were Witness's. If he left he'd be cut off he would have no one. My heart goes out to people like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit