Watchtower Toledo buildings renovation designed by STATE-OF-THE-ART designer office

by Gorbatchov 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Frankly I can't see architectural genius at work here. It is pedestrian and rooted in the past however expensive it might be. Perhaps the company saw a client with money and poor taste or one who wanted to express financial reliability through solidity and conservative values?
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    90%+ of the projects posted on the firm's portfolio page are residential, yet the WTB&TS project is clearly not the firm's typical Hudson River Valley luxury home project. I wonder if that means it is a brother or sister who is the designer at this firm was leveraged (read: "free labor") for this project.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I hope the witnesses remember these folks "brother" jesus-feckin'-christ... had nowhere to lay his head.

Warwick is (albeit much cheaper and modest) not the witness equivalent of mecca as some keep saying, but Vatican City. Toledo also as an extension.

• under the radar
    under the radar
    I'm no architectural expert, but I too think the building is "butt-ugly." It does indeed remind me of something from the Soviet bloc.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    As far as I know, they plan to get rid of Tuxedo after Warwick is built. That means they spent all that money on an expensive designer to renovate those offices, because they knew they'd make more money when they flipped it and sold it.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    @ under the radar, like ponderous Soviet concrete; style trying to break out but not making it to freedom.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

freemindfade - "...Warwick is (albeit much cheaper and modest) not the witness equivalent of mecca as some keep saying, but Vatican City..."

Once could argue that the Vatican is to Catholics as Mecca is to Muslims...

x

...by that logic, Warwick will be both to JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit